The visual scripting plugin | EventBlocks! [Most popular!]

Oh… lol
well give a link to the roblox group

It’s in the OP. No need to share it again I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This actually opens opertunities for many small scripters in the roblox community I love this plugin :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Node Editor - In progress!

Yes, EventBlocks is getting a Node Editor!
You will be able to choose what type of visual scripting you prefer. (Node based or block based)
Both features will be updated the same way. If I add a new block, a new node gets added as well.

This is how the node editor looks at the moment. (some lines are not perfectly correct)

Keep in mind it isn’t implemented into the plugin yet. But this will change so much it’s hard to even believe!

Also, this Node Editor is way less laggier than the block editor, I mean it shouldn’t even lag at all.

Stay tuned for updates!

When Node Editor released, the price of the plugin will change from 65 to 80 robux!

5 Likes

Id REALLY love if you added a backwards combatability to view a scripts nodes as that would make debugging a thousands times easier then reviewing small text

Are you afraid of this little change to the Plugin Marketplace already?

1 Like

To be fair I don’t like that update. I feel like people wouldn’t buy it for 100 Robux. But we will see.

I really just don’t know why we need a price floor.

2 Likes

Using this plugin, how would I for example, make it so when a player looks at a specific part in the game? :slight_smile: Just a test!

NODE EDITOR [beta]

Hello!
Today is the day the Node Editor for EventBlocks got released.
This is a big change in the plugin, because it allows a new way to approach visual scripting, while still allowing you to use the scratch-like method.

Some pictures of the Node Editor:

To enable this feature, click the “NODE EDITOR” button at the top of the plugin gui. This will open a widget, the Node Editor:

Add a new script and you can start editing it with the Node Editor!

Click on an empty place to bring up the add panel:

You can search for a node to add it:
You can see it brings up the help on the right. It’s the same as the documentation.
Click on the button to add the node.

Let’s add a print node as well and connect them:

Now, let’s just a string node to tell what to print out.

And that’s all!
You can zoom in/out using CTRL+ScrollWheel or by pressing the buttons at the top

Note:

• There’s currently no way to duplicate nodes.
  • You can’t select more than one node.
  • Nodes that are not connected anywhere, won’t load after re-opening the script!
  • Sometimes the script gets removed? (not sure)

Keep in mind the Node Editor is in beta. Bugs can happen anytime and there might be missing features, report them here or on the our community server!

From this day, the plugin costs 100 robux (the new minimum price for plugins!)

5 Likes

Hello, I need GUI functions how do detect the GUI button clicked?

Just add a local script inside of a gui object and the gui category will appear.

2 Likes

this plugin looks pretty cool i may use it in the future

1 Like

The plugin looks great, the only downside is that I can’t afford it :sob:

Maybe in the future.

2 Likes

Mmm yes, Scratch meets Roblox. Can’t wait for what ideas that cat is going to have.

Nice plugin! Definitely gonna purchase it when I can!

5 Likes

Will there be an option to make an output node have 2 or more lines that can go into different blocks? For example if you have a value and you want to feed it into 2 different blocks. Currently I believe you can only have 1. Maybe you are already planning on adding this. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s incredible how much this plugin can already do and it’s still very cheap!

Urgent issue: script clearing

one script i made for a test game keeps getting cleared, completely randomly- it’s in ServerScriptService/Main/Teleporters

It is a medium-ish sized script, but this is a major issue. I attached a copy of the game below:
RobloxScratch.rbxl (124.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello!

Could you provide some steps to reproduce the bug?
I tried but I can’t get it to “clear” the script.

Maybe you haven’t noticed the warning message when your script is not selected.

2 Likes

Node Editor Update! “Script Variables”

I’m improving the node editor so it is more reliable and easy to use.
I’ve added a new feature called Script Variables.

Here’s an example script:

And now in the add panel we get a shorthand to add existing variables quickly!

This saves you a ton of time, because you don’t have to always copy-paste variable names over and over again.

The next feature I plan to add is “Regions” in the node editor. They are going to be a good way to organize your code. You will be able to split your code into regions and quickly navigate between them.

Here’s a demonstration (made in paint):

You will be able to assign a custom name for every region:

And you’ll be able to set a color for every region.

Also, you’ll have the option to quickly navigate between regions.
This feature is going to be really useful for large scripts.

Keep in mind that the Node Editor is still in beta and it’s not really stable. Please report any bug you encounter so it can be better for everyone!

Have a great day!

4 Likes

What about npc pathfinding? How do I make an npc move to a certain part?

That’s sadly not an option yet. It will be tho.

2 Likes