The Volumetric Sounds Beta is Here

This is only useful for a week. Ah yes, EVERYONE’s music taste is just instrumental music. Would have been a good update, if there wasn’t a big deal-breaker.

Sad there’s nothing to use this with.

3 Likes

Yes this is very much definitely needed and its going to be the next level. I hope many new features that is actually good with the faster building and highly detailed with less parts and less lags makes developers very easier for recreating irl into the digital world. Will see how it goes and i expect better.

1 Like

Yeah I agree :+1:, and its an excellent update!

3 Likes

man this feature is gonne be so good now that i dont have any audios to use

4 Likes

@ReallyLongArms Can we get an update on this? It’s been a month now.

1 Like

Aren’t you thinking of reverb?

Still, it doesn’t achieve the same effect.

Is there any word on when this feature will arrive? I’d be dead useful for a game I’m working on

2 Likes

Could this be live in the main Roblox engine? I’d like to use it for my games now and it works great in studio.

5 Likes

I have audio volumes ready to go in my game, will be awesome to see this released soon.

2 Likes

Will we ever see directional sounds? Like a sound that emits from only one side of a part, and fades quickly on the reverse side? Thinking of it like a trumpet or horn, loud in front quiet in back.

1 Like

Does this work in live games currently?

It’s a beta, so you can’t use it ingame.

1 Like

Is there an ETA for this feature’s release? I can’t wait to use it.

5 Likes

When are we gonna be able to actually use this in-game?

5 Likes

I’d love to see partial release like Parallel Lua has gotten. It would certainly be great to use volumetric sound with solid models, but I think even just rectangles work for a first release. Obviously I don’t know what else might be left to finish before release, but I’m definitely looking forward to a release (whether it be a full or partial release).

1 Like

Some update’s huh

UPDATE:

3 Likes

wow I really like this update thanks

1 Like

this is great, we can now actually make different sound environments in different areas of a map rather than making a whole complicated script to figure out where someone is standing! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.