There's a new Robux icon!

I’m extremely conflicted in the logo. I fully understand the why but the final design isnt what I expected or truely want.

I want to make it clear and clear in large text.

R$ is the Brazilian Real.

That’s right, if Roblox wants to have a currency and be international, they cannot easily use R$ without confusing some key markets.

Roblox also has the challenge of trying to convey a currency which doesn’t require the person to be “Americanised”. These two issues are why Roblox has gone that.

Unfortunately, meeting those ideals and pleasing the community is a hard task.

I would like to challenge the Roblox community to make a logo for Robux which meet those two ideals. TLDR

1. Must not be the symbol or word for a currency anywhere in the world
  2. Must convey a currency without it being Americanised.
23 Likes

I actually prefer the old robux logo, this one is too simple for my liking. In addition, people who use the robux decal in their game would have to change it. (OOF)

3 Likes

what’s this about :triumph::triumph::triumph:

Jokes aside, icon looks okay, I honestly agree with others that the ROBUX icon is better. I mean, in my opinion, the coin wouldn’t even match the name, “robux”. The coin looks original, it’s nice and all, but I still stick with the original currency.

12 Likes

I like the redesign, but I really have to agree with others about it needing some colour, it really does look like a ‘nut’… IMO a ‘Robux green’ version of it would look make it look a lot more like ‘Robux’ :+1:

My main question is why?
The old icon was perfectly fine with the previous logo, the new icon has nothing to do with robux or the currency.

12 Likes

Offsetting the (completely out of proportion) criticism because change - I actually prefer this newer icon as its much more international and in line with the new icon style. Couple notes tho;

But yeah guys please stop complaining about change; Roblox has to evolve and its not like an icon is going to bring about the Downfall Of Roblox™

7 Likes

It would be super confusing and hard to tell which was which.

3 Likes

You cannot compare this to Robux by any means. I doesn’t signify or even show anything related to robux unlike it’s predecessor. If I had the choice then I would restore the old icon. Just to clarify, I don’t go against all updates which ROBLOX commits to

6 Likes

This new logo just reminds me an old nut, not robux

5 Likes

A post was moved out for being offtopic.

Roblox is becoming international. Including a $ symbol can add a degree of Americanization- and that may not be acceptable for some markets (e.g. China)

Railworks2 as usual :stuck_out_tongue: puts this best:

5 Likes

This is a huge pain for new developers as well and, due to this change, creates more work that would otherwise be unnecessary with the old logo. We can no longer say R$ or abbreviate it, thus requiring the use of an image that most have to outsource; the term “robux” can’t usually be used either because of chat filtering. In the end, this change seems counterintuitive to me and was unwanted. The overall opinion on this is negative and proves that we are straying farther and farther from our roots in Roblox.

2 Likes

Jumping on the bandwagon again, yes the new logo could be better.

There are still some clipping issues here and there, but overall this is pretty much like other updates that roblox has done before. It’s hard, but eventually we’ll be used to it. Even if we’re not, we’ll just learn to live with it.

Would be nice to have the issues pointed out by the community be addressed and resolved, though.

1 Like

I must admit that I really like the design. However, the logo just makes the currency look more like a coin rather than a “Bux”. Since “Bux” sounds similar to “Bucks”, calling this new logo “Robux” doesn’t seem right imo

5 Likes

This is obviously something we’re going to have to get used to, as we did with the Roblox logo update in 2017. I’m not going to be an angry-vigilante-forum-screamer about this change like some people are already being, but I do think some more time should have been spent on deciding the overall look of the new Robux icon.

Love the design, now it looks like The Galactic Empire logo from Star Wars a bit.

1 Like

the $ literally just means ‘Dollar’

Multiple countries use the word Dollar or the Dollar sign

a double lined $ would be USD

2 Likes

The “$” sign doesn’t mean “Dollar” in all cultures.

1 Like

I like it but not the colors too!!!

The Dollar is mostly associated with the USD and is heavily Americanized. Not to mention R$ being the actual symbol for Brazillian currency, and bucks being associated with kids games (e.g. Fortnite)

The new Robux icon is very clearly based on the universal currency sign ¤ which I believe is a very clear indicator of their intentions.

5 Likes