There's a new Robux icon!

It’s nice, reminds me of a gem. However kinda dull in groups section in Light Mode but besides that, nice. I take it the gold symbol on mobile is possibly Premium? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I quite like it, but I’m really not a fan of the colour scheme of the website now. Everything is white, grey or black. Especially with group funds, it’s harder to see the numbers now.

Colour is nice and I think the logo change is quite cool, just not a fan of the colour scheme.

3 Likes

not really a fan of the new logo, I personally prefer the old one. This new logo really has nothing to do with Robux it looks more like a partial design on a shield or something.

1 Like

Eww, this logo is really, really bad (sorry). It doesn’t have any correlation to currency at all and as howmanysmall said it perfectly, it looks like a lug nut LMAO.

I think roblox should host a graphic design contest among the community to see who can make the coolest new robux logo :sunglasses: or at least redesign it to have something to do with currency like oof.

11 Likes

I could see the icon like 3 weeks ago on my Roblox beforehand, whilst most people didn’t.

Nice design, but I just disliked the new changes so I just stick with the old Robux icon, because I like the word “R$” better for me, and I don’t want to hear some people who had no context, talk about the new currency icon.

3 Likes

Lets be honest, I’ll miss the old robux icon since it represents the roblox economy more. This new icon looks like it’s really just something else than roblox currency. Although There isn’t much to say about the changes of the icon and robux getting replaced with rocoins.

Overall, like I said. I’m going to miss the classy robux days.

3 Likes

The overall design of the logo is not bad, however there’s no connection to the name - robux. The old design basically meant “roblox dollars” and made it pretty clear that it is a currency. The new logo on the other hand is just some sort of hexagon and may be confusing for new players in my opinion.

3 Likes

The premium icon still hasnt grown on me as I still think its lacking in the unique and creative department. This one doesn’t help me with getting behind the bland moderation approach that no one asked for.

Sure I understand the corporate reasons why we had to go modern but the creative friendly side of this platform feels dead a little when you look at the website.

Its the same feeling I get when YouTube went modern.

8 Likes

Looks like Galactic Roundel, althought I don’t say it was inspired. Where’s is the classic ‘R’ in robux? Also, it would be funny if there would be still tix, I would love to see how would they look like, if update would affect them. :sunglasses: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I also hope they’ll add old robux stuff in userstyles.org :evil:. Right now I think I’ll still stay with ROTIX until normal robux will come. Just want to say gg. GG roblox.

3 Likes

Well im torn between deciding if it’s good or bad. Honestly, I preferred the old one as you could distinguish it between something that means cash. Now, it looks like a bolt, which for new players, could result in them thinking it’s something else totally different from robux. But I do think that the robux logo should be re-designed again, maybe making the edges look smooth and more like a coin, and changing the colour to green.

1 Like

In my personal opinion, the icon doesn’t feel or treat ROBUX as a currency that has real-life value to DEVEX’d cash and it feels like ROBUX in itself has become a bit less ‘valuable’ just in-general, although it does make it seem easier to spend ROBUX on virtual items and etc since it does look less valuable than before? Spenders would not really rethink about what they’re buying because it just looks less valuable.

It would’ve served nicely as an alternative currency for free-to-play players or for in-game currency, but this would be unlikely.

It’ll take sometime to make that connection between the new icon and valued currency I guess? But I guess this is both a benefit to ROBLOX and Game Developers so eh.

tldr: new icon looks very off-putting but it makes it look like its easier to spend with?

2 Likes

Its not bad, but its not even slightly hinting at a currency unless explicitly told it is a currency. I feel more of a design like this would be alot better than the current Robux Logo and kind of questioning why a 5 minute mockup is better. You had so long to design a logo and you end up with this, kind of disappointed.

37 Likes

hey, p00_00q is here
This work is great. The old logo is not as luxurious and beautiful as the new logo because it is so simple, a like change will help improve roblox about modernity, the above logo is proof that roblox is developing. in many areas. this is my personal opinion.

1 Like

R$ is foreign to some countries, but now this icon is foreign to everyone. I cant find it in my alphabet, and I doubt Korea and Japan can either. This icon doesn’t tell me it’s robux at all.

9 Likes

I’m extremely conflicted in the logo. I fully understand the why but the final design isnt what I expected or truely want.

I want to make it clear and clear in large text.

R$ is the Brazilian Real.

That’s right, if Roblox wants to have a currency and be international, they cannot easily use R$ without confusing some key markets.

Roblox also has the challenge of trying to convey a currency which doesn’t require the person to be “Americanised”. These two issues are why Roblox has gone that.

Unfortunately, meeting those ideals and pleasing the community is a hard task.

I would like to challenge the Roblox community to make a logo for Robux which meet those two ideals. TLDR

1. Must not be the symbol or word for a currency anywhere in the world
  2. Must convey a currency without it being Americanised.
23 Likes

I actually prefer the old robux logo, this one is too simple for my liking. In addition, people who use the robux decal in their game would have to change it. (OOF)

3 Likes

what’s this about :triumph::triumph::triumph:

Jokes aside, icon looks okay, I honestly agree with others that the ROBUX icon is better. I mean, in my opinion, the coin wouldn’t even match the name, “robux”. The coin looks original, it’s nice and all, but I still stick with the original currency.

12 Likes

I like the redesign, but I really have to agree with others about it needing some colour, it really does look like a ‘nut’… IMO a ‘Robux green’ version of it would look make it look a lot more like ‘Robux’ :+1:

My main question is why?
The old icon was perfectly fine with the previous logo, the new icon has nothing to do with robux or the currency.

12 Likes