There's a new Robux icon!

Why is the logo gold on mobile but not pc?

3 Likes

I really like the token design. But as already stated by @AwesomePossum212 and others, why not finish the token design and make it gold as many other mobile/other games use to make it stand out as currency? Though that won’t fit with the black and white modernized theme and will just stand out against the white or black…

1 Like

I can’t believe you added Hexes from Mario Party DS to Roblox!
Hex-20

But seriously, this really isn’t as rememberable as icons such as the classic and new Roblox logos. The older one having a more playful design…

…and the current one showing a modernized approach and becoming more mature.
Png
The new Robux logo looks like what I said earlier and really doesn’t fix with Robux’s current design

10 Likes

I have a love-hate relationship with the design style Roblox is going for, while professionally the modern design is a lot better, but nostalgically I hate it, it’s not inviting anymore, if I was a kid finding the site for the first time I frankly wouldn’t think twice about joining (Albeit the actual sign up page is a bit more colourful and enticing for kids).

Now for the new icon - It’s not awful, but it doesn’t really make sense, like others have said it looks like a coin or a gem but Roblox uses robux as currency, which hints that it’s a paper note/dollar, not a coin. I do understand and agree going away from the R$ is a good move due to other countries having the same symbol for their currencies and with the global expansion that’s happened recently with Roblox it was bound to cause confusion and was a necessary change. With that being said, I think Roblox needs to go back to the drawing board on this one, make something more unique and “bux” like, not just a vague coin/gem object that isn’t really descriptive at all.

It also seems oversized compared to the rest of the UI, making it a tad smaller might be enough to make it more appealing to the eye.

4 Likes

To comply with the rules that @ElliottLMz brought up, maybe it would be better to have the same logo, only instead of a dollar sign (S with a line though it) it would be an R with a line through it.

This design keeps the thought of “Robux” in your mind and doesn’t explicitly reference the USD logo, while also giving it the “coin” shape that makes it recognizable as currency. It would be no less recognizable to foreign countries as a currency symbol than the current logo. Keep in mind, other countries don’t use lugnuts as currency either. :joy:

5 Likes

It really looks like the currency in hexaria and the Chinese coin

Well, now that people are complaining about it, why not just put the robux logo on TOP of the new one. Then it might actually look better and is a bit more recognizable.

A brand’s image is important and Roblox is putting efforts where it is due. Otherwise we’d still be in the era of Tix and nothing would have evolved.

1 Like

I’m a little half and half with the new logo. Sure it was needed but this design feels more like a token than “bux”. Also, I feel like the inner square could be rotated to fit the Roblox logo as well as smoothen out the edges of that square.

I dislike it, it’s abstract and it has no sense and does not match the roblox theme. Roblox Is going into an way that some peapole don’t like, otherwise it looks like the designers made some effort. Cya! :smile:

4 Likes

A brand image doesn’t evolve anything into anything more better. They had a completely fine logo, tossed it in the trash and replaced it with a lugnut.

this has litterly nothing to do with tix

6 Likes

Looks nice, I like having abit of change in the logo’s etc the golden colour isn’t really my favorite but I don’t mind so good work on the guy that made the logo.

I’m gonna have to agree here,
the new logo isn’t bad either though,
I like it, but like some may say, adding a green color to it isn’t a bad idea,
it doesn’t really look like a robux icon at this point.
I might also be a bit of an nostalgist and would prefer the original robux icon,
but I also like how Roblox keeps modernizing, upgrading, etc.

I wish more than anything that the logo may be reverted back to its original, fun design. This isn’t currency, its a hexagon with a hole in it. Please bring the old one back. If you’re not, at least make it green. Roblox, you aren’t stepping in the right direction. Please don’t become like all the other companies out there.

1 Like

Wether you like the new logo or not is your choice.
But you gotta understand that they didn’t change that logo just for the fun of it. The previous Robux logo was way too much associated with money and scammers were using this to attract more people into their scams.

It makes so much sense to have this more generalized currency icon as Roblox is trying to grow internationally, to have a wider age audience, and trying to become more modern.

Basically, they needed a logo that would fit in any age range, any game type and any language or culture.

It might just seem like a bare logo change, but it is much more than that, it is a new era! You have to take a step back and see the whole picture.

3 Likes

I agree. Other than the square in the middle, I don’t see how this icon is supposed to resemble anything related to Roblox or money whatsoever…

1 Like

Personally the new icon doesn’t really resemble any currency. May look modern but it doesn’t really resemble Robux.

I disagree with this decision. Although it does fit Roblox’s newer logo, I have never thought Roblox’s newer logo was any good. Both of these designs are just far too generic, easily mistaken for abstract shapes and nothing more. Plenty of games use hexagons in their background, but they aren’t the main focus.

Also, is this even a finished design? Looking in the svg file on the website, nothing is named properly and some alternative designs were left behind the current designs. I like the golden design better, although it still has the same shape and no proper border, the unique color helps it to stand out on the otherwise monotone website.

Take a look at this newer $10 Canadian Bank Note:

A design like this would be overkill for Roblox, but it shows good design (and the Bank of Canada gives me a license to share it). Not only does it have a unique gradient of colors, but it has several patterns that overlay the asymmetric design, complimenting the holographic emblem. A consistent and unique tone that is easily recognizable, with a captivating design we can be proud of.

6 Likes

The new Robux logo looks nice but will their be other changes in the future.

Personally I feel like the name Robux needs to go if this icon stays, currently it appears to be a token or lug nut and the it doesn’t make me think “oh, that’s a robuck”