This game may not function as intended. The developer needs to update the game

I’m getting the " This game may not function as intended.The developer needs to update the game."

I have filtering enabled, what am I forgetting to do?

2 Likes

You need to play the game at least once to remove the warning.

For future questions, please use this search bar: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/this-game-may-not-function-as-intended-warning-appearing-on-newly-created-games/191421, google is you best friend.

7 Likes

In order to remove the message, "This game may not function as intended. The developer needs to update the game." You need to play the game 1 - 2 times and publish a small change or publish over a small time for it to register that it has been updated. After doing this it should remove the message.

3 Likes

Not sure about this, but does Roblox Studio have to be the latest version, or at least a recent version, for that message to go away?

Correct me if I’m wrong

Pretty sure it updates automatically?

I’m not sure how they do this, but there are many games that have been updated fairly recently, so around a week ago, that don’t have certain new features of the game engine on them, such as smooth camera.

Is there some setting where you can disable automatic updates?

You can’t because the servers are ran by roblox, and the client is updated automatically. About the smooth camera, they changed a few things related to that not that long ago. The games have to fix the broken systems themselves, it’s not a roblox bug or something.

Ah ok. So possibly because the game server is still running an old version of the place?

No, Roblox just made changes and the game developers have to update their games to work with the new changes. If Roblox removes or changes a feature it’s up to the game developers to update their games to work with them.

That’s what I mean by saying you have to update the game using a newer version of studio.

In that case, yes. But studio should update automatically too whenever Roblox pushes out an update.

Smooth Camera feature many developers basically overrided with altered versions of the old camera because smooth camera when shipped broke vehicle cameras. If they hadn’t done this then roblox would’ve forced it regardless of version.

Thanks!, I wanted to know how to fix this annyoing message

The versioning of Studio doesn’t matter. Ensure that all of your places have the FilteringEnabled property under Workspace set to a checkmark, then quickly visit each game once (you may have to make use of the TeleportService in-game regarding this). This is merely a visual notification and should have no impact on your game (though I think visibility is inhibited).

New games should not experience any of these messages, as games start with that property automatically toggled on. If they do, just follow the same process and you should be all good.

Can you even still play experimental games without being friends with the creator? I thought they all got locked down…

No, that change was removed very quickly after it was implemented. Experimental games no longer exist, the FilteringEnabled property does nothing.

That’s good, don’t need to worry about that anymore! Thanks for replying