"This game may not function as intended." Warning Appearing

I’ve encountered a issue, where I cannot get rid of the

“This game may not function as intended. The developer needs to update the game.”

warning on my project.

I checked out a couple Dev Forum post, which said you have to update the game and visit it a few times, which I did, but it still doesn’t solve the problem.

Can anyone help?

P.S. I created the game using Studio, if that affects it.

3 Likes

You need to enable the FilteringEnabled property on Workspace, and then join your game through the website in a live server (do not use play solo) and it should be fixed.

1 Like

That is exactly what I’ve done.

Does your game have multiple places? You’ll need to do the same for any other places in your game too.

Nop, there is only one place in the game.

If a person that doesn’t have editing perms plays the game, it should go away. They do this for all games with very few visits.

2 Likes

Only I have edit perms, while the game has 6 visits, so that’s sadly not the case.
(I brought some friends in)

2 Likes

I thought the owner had to play it for that to go away

Simple fix.

Go into studio
turn FE off then back on
Publish
wait a few minutes.

I’ve turned it on and off, both published, joined the game, waited a couple minutes, the annoying warning is still there… it makes me wonder if it is a bug with games created directly from studio.

1 Like

Did you try migrating to latest update and then waiting?
Works for me when I do that.

What I usually do is If it has the warning I usually go to studio and publish it again and it disappears.

1 Like

@BaldisFriend @24kDreams_brxken

I’ve also got this issue with one of my games after mistakenly turning off FE, and even after checking FE again and publishing, the warning still does not go away. Yes, I have tried visiting the game itself and there is only one place within the game.

Exact same issue for me, I recently moved my third game to my group because it was much easier for funds instead of my profile… This stupid message is not going off. Yet: Filtering is enabled, and I got way more than 1 visit… [SCP] Area-43 ROLEPLAY (OPEN BETA) - Roblox

I don’t know if it’s a glitch on the reupload but it’s VERY annoying.

1 Like

Maybe you use some deprecated methods in your code? Try checking.
I have no clue what could it be, never encountered this in my games before.

Hi @SuperLittleDestoryer, Roblox will be removing this warning soon because all games have had filtering enabled for a while now. The change should be released within the next week. Thanks for your patience!

12 Likes