Thoughts on 2-Step Verification?

soonTM!

3 Likes

Good idea. But for now you can kind of do it.

1. Enable ROBLOX Email 2-factor
  2. Enable SMS 2-factor on your email
  3. You now have 4-factor authentication on your ROBLOX account

( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

7 Likes

7drHiqr.gif

2 Likes

It’s more that for whatever reason, I trust a text message reaching my phone more than an email reaching my inbox. Whether my inbox was breached or not.

Not to mention the convenience of just looking down at your phone to find the code rather than another tab.

I assume this doesn’t protect against someone stealing your .ROBLOSECURITY? basically ip-based protection

I’d find it far more convenient to simply open another tab than to get out my phone.

YAY! Really happy this was released!

Let’s celebrate Definitely Tuesday :smiley:

When SMS verification comes …

(but hopefully we will get Google Authenticator/Authy support too)

Can I set the 2-step delivery email to something else? (send it to another email instead of my main account email) for increased security.

So does this prevent people from getting into my account if they steal my cookie?

Install pushbullet or something. It syncs all notifications to your computer.

I know this an old thread but I’m digging it up with purpose. I’d like to re-suggest the following, I really want to have the best security on my account. After a few unfortunate security scares and now ROBUX value £ has been increased it’s more important than ever to keep our accounts safe. An important motto I learnt from security experts that have done talks in my college lessons

The best security is annoying but safest

I wouldn’t mind making my account as secure as possible and having the best things in place (max sessions, login attempts, escrow items, etc)

I think the main part should be using a TOTP system (or push notification) like Duo

I use duo for everything I can - email, accounts, windows login etc.

Right now 2 Step verification isn’t perfect (in fact, I’d go as far as saying it’s nearly useless in its current state) - If you have access to a ROBLOX account, you can probably access that users’ email, or you are just using Cookie hijacking (another issue ROBLOX may need to fix for 2 Step Verification to be a viable security option) you can completely bypass any verification methods.

1 Like

To those (like @EchoReaper) who thought that I have “been sippin’ too much security doom-preacher Kool-Aid”:

Roblox doesn’t support SMS

Which is good. SMS for multi-auth is not considered a good practice anymore.

Definitely, just pointing out that the security concerns in that article don’t apply to Roblox.
I’d love Google Authenticator support.

3 Likes

No, but:

Oh, then that shouldn’t happen.

SMS is less secure than my email because my email uses Authenticator.

1 Like