Thoughts on a drawing of my avatar | PART 2

Recently just completed a drawing of my avatar specifically for my portfolio (a little banner to jazz it up a little) [OPEN] Meireye | 2D Artist | PORTRAIT/PFP SALE

This is a kind of anime style that I’ve never tried before so I wanted to experiment a little :relaxed: Please let me know what you think in the comments!

(Also I know a few details are missing I was kinda lazy)

27 Likes

why is it showing the inside of the pink jersey because isn’t that weird or a little too revealing for roblox? otherwise it is a nice addition to a portfolio if you remove the crock top and just have the pink jersey

2 Likes

I kind of agree with @richdefentt to be careful with revealing “skin” like that, as I’m sure you could get moderated for that. But otherwise, it’s quite well done, and the colors blend very well. Keep it up.

I feel like the face is a bit too big, but I guess it fits the Roblox character style.

3 Likes

Oh there are actually cropped sweaters like that in real life but I would understand if you have never seen them before. I actually added it to make the clothes less revealing since my original avatar doesn’t have anything that covers up the shoulders. Thank you for pointing that out though.

2 Likes

I know that and yes I have never seen one before also it seems like the neck isn’t aligned correctly

1 Like

I do agree with you on this point and try to be careful with my drawings when it comes to how revealing it is. I personally do not like to draw revealing things and I am strongly against creating inappropriate drawings. My drawings are not intended to be used or seen in that way.

As for the face, I could see how people could find it big especially for some specific parts such as the eyes. This is an anime-style through which can justify the size.

Thank you for pointing this out though, I always try to improve my proportions especially with faces and I’m glad I am able to see what other people’s perspectives and opinions are when it comes to this :relaxed:

3 Likes

A really nice drawing, I love it so much. Just a question if you don’t mind, how’d you know which color to use for the shading? I’ve been struggling with shading for a while now and I will appreciate a lot if you can break it down for me.

1 Like

Yall act up too easy theres like nothing wrong with this literal roblox clothes show more than this but aight

1 Like

Thank you so much. I really have no set rule when it comes to shading but whenever I have to pick a colour for shading, I first pick a darker colour of the same shade but shift the colour wheel a little bit for a different hue
→ using a dark red to shade an orange colour
→ using a dark purple to shade a pink colour
→ using dark or saturated blue to shade a green colour

There is a common rule in art where colours shouldn’t be shaded with black and I follow this slightly but it all depends on your art style and how you want your drawing to appear. I would also like to mention that shading is an important part of creating texture in your drawing so it is important to consider the material of what you are drawing and adjust and change your shading according to that (references/images help a lot). Also, shading does not only include the dark but the light as well which are referred to as highlights. There are many detailed youtube videos that address these two common issues.

I’m certainly not a pro when it comes to shading and there is a lot more information on the internet when it comes to shading, these are just my basic ideas.

3 Likes

Thanks, This gonna help me out a lot!

1 Like

I didn’t criticize or say it was too inappropriate, I’m just saying to be careful, as roblox moderation is known to not be so good, and ban people for simple stuff like that.

1 Like

Barely, roblox only moderates if too much skin is shown tbh and it’s literally a pfp it wouldn’t even touch roblox

1 Like

The drawing you done is lovely picture keep it up and I like colour and design of your avatar. I hope you do more of the drawings.
If you I be happy to see it🙂

1 Like

Haha thank you! I’ve actually drawn something new recently, for some reason it looks totally different to all my drawings :sweat_smile: Can’t wait to post it here though!

i feel like the head could be resized to be a bit smaller or atleast lengthen the shoulders so the proportions are fixed, but i cant tell since the person has long hair lol
and it looks like the right eye seems to be a bit more slanted inwards compared to the other eye. idk if you do this, but it’ll be helpful to flip your drawings once in a while to fix symmetry/slanting problems :happy1:
for me i have another window of the same drawing flipped while i work on the unflipped version, so you can glance at the flipped one for any mistakes
overall its really good for an anime style and the coloring is wonderful =]

2 Likes

Thank you :] I think I have fixed slightly some of these issues on my new drawing because this does look slightly weird to me haha. I appreciate you pointing some things out