Thoughts on my fight animation?

It’s not done yet, but I just wanted to know if anyone had ideas for improvements

14 Likes

No ideas for improvements, but I do think that this is really nice!

1 Like

Alright, thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. :+1:
I can’t see any improvements to be made in terms of animation; exquisite work.

Where can we find the end product once you’re done? :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much :+1:, and you probably can on my YouTube which is called TheRelxLucas

1 Like

I think you did a really great job on your fighting animation very. Will done!

I think you can add, another fighting style at the end of the video once it cuts off if you were planning on doing that.

But for know great job! hope to see the final update on this very soon…!

1 Like

My plan was to make some guy jump down for that tree maybe and do that kick on him, but thanks :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

It looks pretty good and presentable as is, but something I notice is how the characters feel a bit too “stationary”. Their limbs move and react well, but their position in the world seem to remain in the same spot (the 2 black boxes), aside for at the end there when the guy goes flying backwards. If you want a more realistic/believable scene, try to have the characters move in the world with their actions more: like giving the red guy forward momentum when he does the spin kick, rather than having him hover in the same spot. These kinds of things gave more weight and presence to the characters, and make fight scenes more readable as the motion makes the actions easier to understand.

Building off of that idea, you might want to try to exaggerate the actions and especially reactions more. A rule of thumb for good animation in general is that it’s better to exaggerate all actions/reactions for the sake of readability.

Once again though, this looks great by Roblox standards, so I wouldn’t focus too much on trying to make it perfect. Just take these tips into consideration for future works.

3 Likes

It’s honestly super clean and nice looking, maybe more environment movement as they almost stay in place for the whole fight instead of moving about and even using objects like a banana off the tree for more comedic effect. I’d also add small effects on the punches and big hits to really show it off. Looks amazing so far and good luck with everything!

1 Like

Thank you for that, I’ll keep it all in mind :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot and yes I will do that from now on :+1:

Really clean and neat , love the end pose!

1 Like

Lmao thanks, the end pose is actually not really a end pose, well kinda. He ends off by kicking another character jumping down from the tree :joy: :+1:

Really nice fighting animation man, great camera work as well, brings the scene alive! Can’t really give any improvements for the animations itself. Keep up the work.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

@ERU, you have a portfolio correct? I cannot not find it - someone with your abilities needs to be doing commissions! If not, I think it would definitely be a great way to earn robux for your work.

Really nice not much to improve. Pretty impressive.

What program is this?

I don’t see much to improve on, however, the animation can be slower and have at least 1 - 2 seconds where one of them relax. Usually, when people get hit in the head, they get thrown back a little depending on how hard they got hit, and they take a second to recover.

Also, the kick at the end is kinda pointless, unless you’re trying to make a taunt

That is some excellent animation, some arms/legs could be improved by moving their position a bit. There isn’t much to pick out though.

Wow this is excellent! I don’t have criticism but I do think you did a really good job.