Thoughts on Realistic Cafe? - Frizzed

This build is absolutely amazing, the lighting and realism is on point.

I’d love to see some advanced features, such as a drive-thru and cafe machines.

Awesome build, I’d love to go there in real life. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everything in this cafe is great, but there is one downside to it. It’s too dark! Lighting needs a bit more tweaking but overall you got yourself a 9.9/10 :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s an artwork, truly. I can’t imagine the next steps you’ll take for the new version! Frizzed is always a serene place for me to eat, drink, and having orders. Your works are getting better by every new production, and that makes me happy, and proud of what you’ve done and what you’ve made, with your bare hands.
Can’t wait for more!

2 Likes

This is amazing! Do you do commisions?

2 Likes

Wow… This is amazing. Did you make this off of a refference image? It’s beautiful.

1 Like

We’re really glad you like it, thanks so much! We look forward to what the future holds.

My plan right now is to program the game to remove a certain amount of high-quality assets as well as textures on certain devices in order to balance the performance with the gameplay experience. I’ll look into this further in future.

Considering having a chat feature on Xbox is against the Roblox TOS, maybe we’ll have a UI which prompts the player to order food. When it comes to staffing for Xbox players, I think I’ll look at how Xbox players can interact with more of the players on the same type of devices.

For sure, I’ll definitely be fixing up the lighting here & there. Thanks so much!

Hey! Glad you’ve been sticking around with us, a lot more is to come whether it’d be on this project or on a few upcoming others. Here’s something new which I’ve been working if you wanted to check it out: Thoughts on Realistic Cinema? | Big Screen Experience • Solo Project

Unfortunately, I’m not doing commissions just yet, mainly because I’ve set a rule in which I’ve set for myself to achieve before doing anything related to commissions. What is this rule you may ask? I must become at least decent in programming, this way a higher standard of games can be designed and pushed out from practically just myself if this were was the case + less stress with current projects. Thanks for reaching out though, maybe another day?

Glad you like it! Reference images have been definitely used, I guess you could say that it’s a Starbucks in the US on the outside but a McDonalds in the UK on the inside. The perfect combination. Here’s a quick screenshot of something:

1 Like

Instead of straight up removing them on certain devices, maybe create a small button? Not sure. My laptop is quite literally a potato, so that could help for me. I’d most likely come back to Frizzed.

1 Like

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE IT! Amazing, I own a cafe myself (this is my DevForum alt), and I would kill to have that sort of design in my cafe. My only concern is old devices, and I would suggest adding an anti lag that disables textures and some lighting features.

Other than that, it’s amazing, and I’d give all my group funds to have a cafe like yours :smiley:

4 Likes

Once you experienced some lag in a highly detailed game, you can lower your Graphics Quality on Roblox if you are on a old device.

5 Likes

Yeah, true. But my friend OKRobloxian’s game Car Destroying Simulator has an option to disable textures as a form of anti lag.

4 Likes

Man, that really is realistic! You’ve done an amazing job and some screenshots don’t even looks like Roblox! One of the best builds I’ve seen all year, 10/10.

2 Likes

I really like the detail in every aspect of the build, I think this would go really good with a portfolio

3 Likes

Oh lord how in the world did you manage that???

2 Likes

AMAZING JUST AMAZING, Its Amazing how roblox went from this

TO THIS I’M JUST SHOCKED!

4 Likes

I personally don’t think textures affect the most, shadow and lights is what affecting the performance.

Improper use of lights and shadow may lead to heavy performance decrease.

Unless, you are talking about network performance, but usually it won’t affect a lot, the textures aren’t like 50mb per one

3 Likes

This might be the first cafe game I will play for 5 hours.

2 Likes

I love this a lot! That’s amazing.

1 Like

Hey! I love the design on the cafe, but I don’t think that a mobile device, or anything less than a full on gaming Pc will be able to play this game without being crashed, due to the insane graphic setting. Even with my graphics setting on the lowest, I highly doubt I will even be able to enter the game. Cool idea and all, and I love the design, but as of right now, I don’t think modern devices will be able to successfully access your game without being crashed.

3 Likes

@DiscombobulatedJack I agree with what he said, but you can reduce part counts. That will help to reduce a little of lag.

2 Likes

WOW! This looks like it wasnt done on roblox its so good.
This is amazing i cant even get the words out, it looks so real!
what kind of light fixtures did you use for this?
Anyways Great job!

3 Likes