Thoughts on Realistic Cafe? - Frizzed

This might be the first cafe game I will play for 5 hours.

2 Likes

I love this a lot! That’s amazing.

1 Like

Hey! I love the design on the cafe, but I don’t think that a mobile device, or anything less than a full on gaming Pc will be able to play this game without being crashed, due to the insane graphic setting. Even with my graphics setting on the lowest, I highly doubt I will even be able to enter the game. Cool idea and all, and I love the design, but as of right now, I don’t think modern devices will be able to successfully access your game without being crashed.

3 Likes

@DiscombobulatedJack I agree with what he said, but you can reduce part counts. That will help to reduce a little of lag.

2 Likes

WOW! This looks like it wasnt done on roblox its so good.
This is amazing i cant even get the words out, it looks so real!
what kind of light fixtures did you use for this?
Anyways Great job!

3 Likes

If I am not sure, a flagship can run this at 60 frames per second but a midrange might be able to run it at 60 frames too.

Apparently with my “really-old”, like, really, iMac (late-2014), I can run this at a pretty decent fps.

Though, I have thought a solution to the performance overhead issue, which turns out to be caused by the excessive shadow the cafe has. I have tested it by turning lighting to compatibility and it does make the game performance much fluid and better. So, I asked jack to try to mess with the CastShadow property for parts, those should be able to solve the performance overhead issue.

The UI should be fine though, since, they aren’t dynamic UI like roact, but it won’t really make any difference.

2 Likes

This will literally change the cafe industry to a whole new level, good job!

3 Likes

Looks nice! I’m not really a fan of realism, but I like it a lot.

It stands out from other Cafes, which you can rather say are styled Cartoony.
( Big change, yes yes. )
I don’t have much to say about this.

2 Likes

I love how realistic and detailed this is, amazing work!

Just a quick question though? Most realistic builds on the Platform tend to be laggy especially for Mobile players. I have played you’re previous version of Frizzed and it was very laggy on mobile, will this build be less laggy?

2 Likes

We’ve conducted test with a less-power device, which turns out pretty decent.

3 Likes

Wow. This just blows my mind how far Roblox has come in 13 years. If somebody showed me this and told me this was Roblox I most definitely would not believe them.

1 Like

From the team:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608750813837262848/738968769875148973/2020-08-01_12-56-55.mp4

3 Likes

rip the blox in roblox 30 chars

2 Likes

Jack, what do you want to voice act in a cafe? It may be a good idea to do that for self-registers or a tutorial or even drive through when nearing the window on a vehicle.

1 Like

Yeah so it’s too big for a cafe is this like the HQ of a large cafe industry?

No, it’s a cafe, legit a cafe.

1 Like

This is exactly what we’re going for, the team will look into bringing in some voice actors when we’re ready to fully operate as a group again. :v:

1 Like

Lol that’s so unrealistic then, that’s too much space for a single cafe xD

It isn’t in reality? I mean, there’s a few cafe which is pretty big in size, and our previous cafe is already considered as big, you probably haven’t visited good cafe RP, ig.

1 Like

Look, of course there are big cafes, but yours is more of an HQ or a Studio of some sort, like it’s super big.