Tips on becoming a good builder and Give me some feedback or anything regarding my Struggle

Greetings! My name is Robloxianman! ( I just got promoted to Member So Hi!)
I want to become a good and successful builder I have been watching tutorials and building different kinds of things can you provide some helpful things as I want to become a good builder also I have been struggling between building and programming what I mean is that I want to become a builder but I end up becoming a Programmer which I have no interest in it please provide me feedback regarding this situation.

18 Likes

I mean tutorials are fine and all but that’s not what got me to where I’m at now. Just hop in studios every day and start a new built. This may sound controversial but I’d suggest starting with something complex, it’ll teach you to problem solve and develop more complicated skills earlier on.

7 Likes

Just play around in the Studio and try new things and try to figure out how to use many different tools, learning how to use the Studio is very useful and try using plugins to help

2 Likes

I have been already building different kinds of things.

1 Like

I know every shortcut and I can use Roblox Studio with ease but I want feedback regarding on how to build better

2 Likes

oh ok, then I guess just try different styles of building, and try to learn from the best, and when your finished building something maybe put it on the forum, and take the ideas that everyone else gives you, and make your building better.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

I did most of my improvement in the previous couple months, on an exponential level. All I can suggest is to take inspiration from real-life images, other projects, and take as much feedback in as you can, take notes. Etc.

I’d also recommend not to exact copy something, eg. a tutorial.

4 Likes

no problem, I’m happy to help :+1:

1 Like

I already have been taking Inspiration from real life images but thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Please also provide feedback on this.

1 Like

Try working with a builder who does modeling and then remake their builds (with their permission of course). This helped me further develop my style and if you’d like, I’ll be happy to teach you a few new tricks myself. ^-^

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Yes, I’ll really appreciate it!

1 Like

I haven’t started building anything complex all I was doing was making basic things so I can later on make advanced things. Thanks for the Feedback!

1 Like

Alright friend me on ROBLOX @CapriBiscuit

1 Like

What I did at the very beginning that helped was to find something in the toolbox, put it into a baseplate, and with only looking at it, try to recreate that model.

1 Like

Sent you a Friend Request :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Just a small note: Try to avoid clutter and whatnot on a thread, “send friend request” can usually just be PMed to the user. Becoming a better builder is just practice. That being said, here are some tips that could possibly help you out.

You can improve by looking at images and proportions of buildings and other things to make things look good. For example, you can possibly build small scenes or showcases based off other images. Try creating some small scenes based on a reference image keep experimenting with different styles. Don’t be scared to try new things; try to make things that you’ve never made before. Finally, you should look up a few decent tutorials if it’s needed.

The most effective way to improve in my opinion is to play other people’s showcase games yourself, looking at every little detail and wondering "what type of parts (meshes, decals, textures) did they use for that or how did they make this look so good? Definitely try focusing on something your most interesting in. Just practice at first by planning out whatever pops up in your head or look at other people’s creation and look at them that inspire you.

I would consider checking out this topic.

3 Likes