Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

It’s kind of sad how we have to pay for something we have been given for free all these years which is the oof sound. I don’t know about anybody else but I’m probably gonna buy the 10$ pack just to get the oof sound.

1 Like

Wow.

250 USD to use the oof sound for yourself only.

5 Likes

it comes with the $10 pack, too

2 Likes

Here is the Oof sound (uhhh.wav) so you can use it before it gets removed: uuhhh.wav - Roblox

5 Likes

The sound effect packs sound interesting…but it’s ridiculous that we have to pay double the price to use them on Roblox. This would not be a good investment for any developer.

1 Like

Many people have already made clear that this is spam, off-topic, inappropriate for the DevForum, and more. However, I’d like to cite some specific rules. Note that this post, if made by any other member in any other category would immediately be flagged, removed, and the poster would likely receive a strike (possibly even start another discussion about the diminishing quality of the forum in #forum-feedback).

10. In every category except Bulletin Board, you may not post on behalf of non-Developer Forum members.

13. You are not permitted to accept any kind of payment for using the Developer Forum by proxy. This includes creating topics or replies for another user. Additionally, you may not sell access to features you obtain through membership, such as Beta User features available to those in the Developer Forum. Engaging in these activities will result in immediate removal from the Developer Forum.

• 13.1 You may make topics in the Bulletin Board section for other people, provided you are not doing so in exchange for money or anything else.
  • 13.2 You may not make any other type of topic for other people.

15. You may not use the Developer Forum to request donations, whether it be in Robux, real-world currency, or otherwise, or perform fundraising endeavors.

16. Do not solicit other developers or Roblox employees to advertise products, services, or anything else.

I would say move it to #collaboration, but selling assets is banned there too. Perhaps it would be better received in the News tab? That is more often used for sponsored advertisements.

22 Likes

It seems that from watching Tommy’s video that the OOF! sound will still be available to use so long as you have at least the basic sound pack. If these same sounds come to the developer market place then most likely, yes, OOF! will still be available for developers to use.

The staff themselves made the terribly misjudged decision of putting this in a public announcement category which is still cracking me up :rofl:

And they tell us that we use wrong categories

This belongs in news like you said, also it’s just so sad that they would stoop this low, the oof sound has been used for years, and suddenly they decide to change it

good luck giving that message to the playerbase :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a big oof to see the classic sound go. The oof is such an iconic sound and it’s so sad to see it go just because of a few mistakes made by Roblox :sob:

I also agree with others calling this an advertisement as it is and it’s just stupid putting it in announcements. You should make an advertisement category with this.

It also seems stupid buying it then having to spend more money to upload it to Roblox and this will sadly put some amazing SFX designers out of business.

I hope the oof sound being removed is reversed and this gets moved into a separate category as its seriously just stupid. Roblox has been trying to put developers out of business for a while now, Roblox killed off plugins such as the Roundify plugin with the introduction of the UICorner feature and Roblox is also trying to kill off @Quenty’s part to terrain extension by putting this into a beta feature. I think Roblox needs to reassure us developers that they aren’t purposely being put out of business.

I largely agree with many of these posts including @buildthomas’s and @sjr04’s posts.

2 Likes

I feel that this is really sad, and that there should be a way we can keep this sound with out paying. Now 2020 has gotten worst.

After reading though this post, I’m deeply saddened to hear that Roblox was not able to collaborate with Tommy Tallarico like they did with Monstercat, and release a select few sounds for free. It would be nice if Roblox provided sound effects like they did with the royalty free music. I feel like Roblox sold out in exchange not to be sued with this “advertisement” as many people are calling it. Roblox is a multimillion dollar company with a team of lawyers and most likely some very experienced negotiators, but there was no way to come to a compromise? Why couldn’t Roblox just buy the OOF sound? The sound is already popular is associated heavily with the platform, it would be free publicity for Roblox. I don’t see the value that Tommy gets with keeping the rights to it.

Just goes to show you that any announcement from the account @Roblox is never good.

7 Likes

nahhhh don’t like this, the old oof sound is pretty much the most known thing about roblox. I can’t believe that you’re paying a guy for a bunch of sound effects who also called us kids on twitter lol. And especially this is practically a advertisement ON THE ANNOUNCEMENTS PAGE!

4 Likes

Honestly, this is terrible that Roblox is doing this post, because it’s a straight-up embarrassment.

Advertising the same dude that already hates the platform? And, he isn’t even a good person, he is so full of himself, so why rub that in?

In addition, the pricing? 250 bucks for 10K sounds… Now we upload them for 35 Robux each, minimum; a total cost of 1475 USD. No way.

Honestly, this just reinforces my perspective of Roblox taking things the wrong direction. This is so ridiculous that this is even a post.

10 Likes

Thank you very much mr dabup! you will remain in a special place in my heart for however longer i may be on the devforums.

1 Like

All the more reason why we should move to unity, jokes aside it is embarrassing and shameful that Roblox is openly praising the man that insulted us on a social media site and making a ad about him, I mean why would you do that?

Monstercat’s collab went extremely well and got a lot of love too, but this is just… sad.

5 Likes

Over the last year and more, I have had to say the same thing continuously to people. How does it go again? Oh right. “Please, find a better and more suitable category for this.”. How completely unexpected, yet not surprising that this is the issue we are faced with today.

I can’t believe I now have to mention this to Roblox, I feel like the mini-mod of the major mod right now…

Your participating in the forum is awesome, but a more suitable category for this would probably be #resources:community-resources. If you are new to the forum, this the category to post public resources.

Roblox, what the heck? Honestly, this, this right here has crossed the line. I am beyond disappointed and tired. As a developer who wants the best for this platform, I feel like I am on here every day suggesting the most obvious improvements that you have yet to implement. I have complained a lot, I admit. However, not without reason. I have complained as a dedicated developer who is truly concerned.

Now, I am more concerned than ever. I understand the “Oof!” sound effect is important to this platform’s history, but honestly Roblox, what is your end goal here? Cause every time it seems like you trying to advance, you’re going back to the past. I don’t know, and honestly, I don’t want to know about whatever deal went on in the background. But for the millionth time, we are your developers, we not your puppets. Stop this unbelievable and unapprovable disrespect toward your developers. This absolutely beyond unacceptable.

We are not your professional, dedicated, hard-working, community that depends on this platform you can turn on and off as you please. We are not your community which you can care about when you want. You have a service here just as we do, and it is unfair for you to go make some who knows what deal in the background and then leave every developer out of it, and then pull a stunt like this showing your blatant disrespect and discarding for the developer community.

The announcements channel. The announcements channel? This channel which many of us listen to for new updates to the platform we dedicate hours to every week is now being used to advertise a single individual? An individual you had a whole argument with? An individual who isn’t even on the platform?

FYI, #resources:community-resources isn’t even the best category. This isn’t free, this belongs in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations. And Tommy can honestly go and make an account just like everyone else and advertise his own product.

This is absolutely frustrating beyond explanation. This whole thing just shows how you really treat developers. The actual people Roblox hires are apparently all the matter, the ones that can decide the direction of the company or how much power we have, yet developers are left in the dust, pampered when we don’t need to be.

I am tired of comparing engines and platforms. Everything has to be compared. Your features, your design, your website, and to top it all of, even the way you treat your developer community. Don’t tell me this had to be done, this didn’t have to be done.

I have dedicated years of effort to this platform. I don’t want to be some 2nd rate user to it. To think, this company is apparently about to go public, and there are so many internal conflicts going on right now.

Please, show respect to your developers and remove this atrocious post with a saddening deep meaning.

Edit

You know what, I am not even done yet, I need to say it one last time with real frustration.

This guy you are advertising isn’t a Roblox user. He isn’t supportive of the platform. THIS IS EMBARRASSING. @iGottic is absolutely correct. This is emberassing. This is just humiliating in every way. How many developers struggle for a spotlight? This is who gets it? What, is it because he is some industry-standard audio creator? As others have said, I would rather support a Roblox audio creator than someone like this.

27 Likes

Man… the OOF sound was such an iconic thing in Roblox history. R.I.P. OOF sound 2006-2020.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I mean, we stuck with them and this is the respect we get? And I agree that we are not all the same, or of the same skill level, but we are all developers and seeing this kind of treatment from Roblox honestly makes me want to leave.

1 Like

wasn’t the OOF sound a stock sound

Exactly, $250 just to get some sounds. I’m not buying any of these.

1 Like