Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

What’s stopping people from
-reuploading the soundpacks to a torrent website
-downloading the soundpacks from said torrent website
-uploading the torrented files to roblox, complete with the digital watermark. they didn’t pay for the soundpacks and roblox wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between someone who paid and someone who pirated.
A solution for this issue may be to make you purchase the sounds on the roblox website, then let you use the sound IDs in a game instead of making you purchase the sounds on Tallarico’s website, then uploading to roblox.

4 Likes

I’m %100 sure that the sounds will be leaked so fast. For cheaper or even for free :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Bacons aren’t gone. They just added a new avatar if you decide not to pick a gender. Also, R6 isn’t going anywhere. Unlike the Oof sound, ROBLOX “owns” (not really because you can’t copyright 6 joined avatars) R6.

1 Like

If your needing high quality SFX for your games I would actually suggest buying one of his kits. His SFX are very high quality and worth every dollar. (Way cheaper than what some composers charge)

1 Like

I believe it is because it is to do with Roblox development (sounds that you can only use in Roblox games.) were else would it be put if not here?

2 Likes

Also realize that as per the license, those sounds that you purchase are exclusively for use on Roblox. You may have 10k effects, but you can’t use them outside the platform.

7 Likes

I’ve uploaded like 10 different versions of the oof sound to Roblox. I spent robux on each of them, and now they’re going to be removed??

1 Like

Change the name of it so it won’t show up in a search for “oof”

1 Like

Those complaining with vague reasons should not post in first place, it’s completely invalid to hate on someone just because they were defending their intellectual property.

I find the sound kits excellent and I may consider buying one of the bundles in the future as they clearly hold a superior quality than those I could make or find in a royalty free website, so far so good. :+1:

1 Like

I think this update is good for top developers, but the thing you buy the sounds and upload them each by each and have to pay again with robux this time and it will cost a lot robux.

I think they should make a special side on Roblox for Tommy so players can purchase from there and doesn’t have to upload each by each or go outside of Roblox.

It can be much better, cheaper and easier.

True, we shouldn’t make too much arguments because it was their property.
I mean I’m not against this, I’m just afraid if I purchase the kits, something wrong is going to happen.
With lots of Roblox updates, things do go wrong, and mistakes will happen.

The oof sound stood as a symbol and when you heard of it you most likely thought of ROBLOX if you knew what it was, sad to see it go.

Not sure if people will find the new sound welcoming any time soon.

Also why are we giving into a man that literally attempted to sue over a 1 second noise?

3 Likes

“Attention developers, we are going to use the Updates and Announcements tag to do a big advertisement for this guy who tried to sue us, go pay him if you wanna use the sound that basically resembles our platform, Roblox! Did we mention that we’re going to be replacing the sound with something else and hiding it behind a pay-wall?”

1. Files for this audio pack will likely be leaked online, and then later uploaded to Roblox, there’s no way to see which audio file is paid for, and which were downloaded + uploaded illegally.
  2. This is a very dumb choice and ruins the reputation (further) of Roblox staff.
  3. This discussion post is a big advertisement in itself, which breaks the forum rules. Good job, I guess?
9 Likes

I wish we all knew what happened with this settled legal dispute. :grimacing:

I’d like to note that although I was involved (with Jailbreak), I was never filled in with what was going on with their relationship. It was mostly a call to discuss permission for Jailbreak in a demo video and a quick rundown of how this would work.

12 Likes

Indeed, though I’m assuming nothing good, as staff hasn’t responded to this topic yet
so I’m suspecting either a money deal, or threats from tommy but I don’t think threats would be a considerable option as to why Roblox is doing this because this behavior is just insane neither has Roblox ever done anything like this in a while or has it publicly advertised in #updates:announcements like this:

The OOF sound is an iconic part of roblox and now we have to pay someone to buy and upload it? If I’m going to be honest, Tommy just should’ve been generous and let roblox keep it. Roblox is a kids game, and it’s something many people may remember/will remember about their childhood? So why not just keep it? That’s just complete greed to make it so it costs money. Additionally, why is there an advertisement in Announcements? If it was just the announcement about oof leaving then it makes sense, but this is an ad.

Unfortunately the business world is viscous and unforgiving. Even a small and short, not even great sounding (but iconic and nostalgic nevertheless), sound effect from years ago being generously allowed to be used for free is unheard of.

Yes, I realize that but that doesn’t make them expensive.

Yeah, i think it’s really unfair that i will have to spend 5 Reais ( My Currency ) for the uuhhh.wav Sound Effect.

I really don’t like this update, i will have to pay money for something that was always “free”
I Think they should reconsider and revert this update, maybe lower the price or make an agreement with Tommy, i just want “Oof” to be free, as it has been part of the community for 16 Years.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how any of these sound kits are a good idea. As far as I know there’s no way to restrict access to assets, so the first people to buy the kits and upload them for personal use will most likely see people using their uploaded assets in their games, defeating the purpose of buying the kit in the first place. All you have to do to use someone else’s sound is plug the ID into the sound instance, so there’s no way to ensure that only people who paid for the kits get to use the sounds. This is probably one of the most short sighted decisions possible.