Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

Keep in mind you’ll have to upload the sounds to Roblox for EVEN MORE money, making it a larger cash grab. Don’t even get me started on the $250 sound pack.

2 Likes

This is just absolutely stupid! Imagine paying USD$100 just for the ‘Standard’ kit and having to still spend over USD$100 for uploading. This is just so stupid. If you would want to upload all of those 5,000 sounds, that’s 500,000 ROBUX! Well there goes USD$6,250.00. Honestly just a waste :man_facepalming:

Useful info:

(https://devforum.roblox.com/t/tommy-tallarico-sound-design-kit-now-available/864035/959?u=aiden_12114)

1 Like

Wait wait wait wait, where did you get those numbers. Your using the length of sound and using that as the length for all sounds. Roblox is being very cruel right now, but I highly doubt they would makes us spend $6,250.00

1 Like

Do you mean U.S. Dollars? I believe the standard is $10.

1 Like

@System502

Just assuming each sound would be ~100 to upload.

Edit: Looking at the audio costs (which I thought were much higher) would probably be 20 Robux per sound. 20 times 5000 is 100,000. 100,000 to USD purchase rate is ~USD$1,250 which is still quite a lot. You would then probably have to purchase ~USD$1,250 worth of Robux just to upload all those sound effects. It’s pretty pricey as it is.

@Bac_Stab

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand that this announcement was unconventional and conflicts with the guidelines we strive to enforce on the forums. Promoting this exclusive sound kit and sharing an update on the status of the “Oof!” sound in this way was an interim solution pending the expansion of the Developer Marketplace to include sounds and music.

There have been some rumors that the Developer Marketplace is being expanded at the end of the month and, as much as we wish that were true, it is not the case. Our goal is to add support for new assets (such as audio, models, meshes, and video) to the Marketplace next year, but it is still in the early stages of development, so the exact timing for launch has yet to be determined.

Because of this and because of the overwhelming amount of feedback, Tommy has decided to allow us to postpone removing the “Oof!” sound until next year, ideally after the Developer Marketplace is available and developers can update the ‘game over’ sound effect with audio of their choice!

Once the Marketplace is live, any developer—including Tommy—will have the opportunity to distribute sound effects (and other assets!) to the developer community. It will be up to the creator of the content to determine whether it will be free or paid on the Marketplace.

We can’t wait to share more about the Developer Marketplace! Stay tuned for more information about all of the upcoming features as we get closer to the launch next year.

89 Likes

this is a amazing sound pack for any games really great sounds. but i think most developers on roblox don’t want to use any real money on teir games but maybe this just me

1 Like

Yay! The “OOF!” sound lives on! :smile:

6 Likes

Gonna be honest with y’all. This response doesn’t actually take any sort of blame for posting this here. All it does is go “developer marketplace audio features are coming and we’re excited about it”.

You can’t have a community respect what you do if you’re willing to bend your own rules to fit whatever it is you want to do. That’s taking advantage of the trust people put here.

If y’all cared and respected developer wishes, this wouldn’t be here and would’ve been moved by now. This reply is not exactly something that I would consider ethical.

That being said, it would’ve been smarter to release the sound kit that Tommy made when the Developer Marketplace holds the feature in place. Having to pay for sounds and then, spend more money to upload them on the site when they’re specifically only to be used on Roblox is a complete and total scam. Tommy is a talented sound designer but, not to the level where I would have enough money to pay for this.

Please remove this post or move it to somewhere better served.

23 Likes

Glad we postponed oof leaving :slight_smile: Tommy pays attention to criticism and that’s good!

3 Likes

But still, can we start negotiating price tags. I don’t like having to waste all this Robux on uploading some sounds. It should be able to auto-upload to not have to pay extra to upload sounds.

1 Like

Are you saying we have to pay the 10 dollars + uploading it to roblox? I’m not sure how fair this is.

4 Likes

Imagine paying to upload all 10,000 sounds, and as someone else here said, imagine uploading 10,000 sounds one at a time. Now imagine 100 developers uploading all 10,000 sounds. that’s 100k audio files. This feels redundant, and I feel like having to upload files to the library to use it in a game is outdated, and needs to be changed to uploading the files directly from your computer into the game. They can still be submitted for moderation, but not uploaded into a database to clutter it. The library would still exist (in the form of the new marketplace) as an option though.

5 Likes

Yeah, the fact that the sounds are provided in an external library instead of being uploaded directly to Roblox is real questionable. If anyone’d want to buy this, probably better off waiting for them to be released on the Roblox marketplace rather than buying it off the site directly.

6 Likes

So you finally admit that you’ve breached your own rules after a week? You should of put out this response as soon as you was receiving backlash. I want the oof not being removed altogether, can you come up with something like paying him a one time sum for using it or pay him one a recurring basis as none of us developers want to see it go.

10 Likes

Thank you for understanding the announcement was very iffy. Even though it was basically an advertisement, it’s still a decent pack of sounds. However I’m not on the same side to buy a sound pack for like 10 dollars (or about 8 Euro in my case) and then spend Robux to upload it to Roblox. Doesn’t really make much sense to me.

5 Likes

To be quite honest, this doesn’t sound like a win for anyone but yourselves. You can’t just sugar coat the situation by then attempting to mitigate it saying “we’re opening up a marketplace” - you bend your own ideology just to satisfy a sound designer who clearly has no care for the platform. It looks to me as if this was your scapegoat to a potential legal battle with Tommy - in which this is a way to compensate him for his minor work: a lot of games actually change the “Oof!” sound.

How do you think any of this is smart:

Well hey, you may not get our money but at least you made a T-Shirt with the guy containing oof on it which totally hasn’t existed for years…

A disappointing joke :confused:

12 Likes

I’ve honestly have never heard of this guy until recently. Nor have I ever in my life seen a human being gloat about petty accomplishment so much. It’s hilarious. Anything with this persons name on it has him talking about some record or other paper with his name on it.

6 Likes

I’m sorry if I’m wrong about this but wouldn’t it be a lot easier if you guys just bought the rights to use it? Wasn’t that an original offer before? I don’t want to pay 10 bucks for a sound pack that I want only one sound to use.

4 Likes

Just wanna say that this was a very good decision on behalf of both Tommy Tallarico and Roblox. Having people essentially pay for these sounds twice is extremely redundant and I believe that announcing that the new developer marketplace would be coming soon within this post accentuated this opinion.

With that being said, I’m still a bit confused with how Roblox is indulging on this new ‘developer marketplace’. It appears that Roblox themselves are even confused on when it will be released.

From the original post;

From the updated excerpt;

While it’s awesome to see Roblox being much more transparent with this situation, I still think this whole fiasco could of ultimately been avoided had Roblox waited until the new marketplace shipped. Good to see the company willing to own up to its mistakes to some degree, however.

4 Likes