Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

You need to understand that the reason roblox put this in their announcement channel is to get MORE people to see it so they’ll buy it. They stole from Tommy and now they want us (the people they take 30% of robux from and barely pay us back) to help them out. That’s like Nintendo stealing the idea of sonic, making billions off of it, not caring what the community wants, and then Saga finds out, wants their pay and suddenly Nintendo come to the fans that they so rudely pushed away, and asks for financially support. The announcement channel is also strictly for announcements so if they wanted to put this advertisement in place they should’ve put it somewhere else.

4 Likes

I am sorry, but it hardly seems like you understood my reply to begin with.

What does this have to do with my post? My post was regarding the respect of developers and integrety of Roblox. I care very little what happens to the sound effect, I would rather it just be removed all together honestly.

I have a question for you. If we as the consumer of the product always show approval of every step, even when it clearly shows disrespect to the developer community, and we never say anything, how is Roblox or any company even supposed to understand our demand? This isn’t some lightweight situation. There is a demand, and there is a product. This is how it has worked. Roblox over the years has focused less on important things the community wants. Honestly, I don’t intend to be rude here, but if you really think it’s as easy as dropping your work, your network, your community, and all over not liking everything a company does, then I question how much experience you have as a product user and developer.

Do you use this same logic for the whole platform? This is their announcement channel. They can literally do it, yes. But how well does this look on their part when it is so openly hypocritical, disrespectful, and overall done with a lack of integrity? There is a difference between legally okay and morally correct.

I see you are new to the forum. Please keep this environment respectful, and it is important to fully read and understand a post before replying. If you start throwing counter points at a post you obviously didn’t understand to begin with, it is simply frustrating to even have to read it knowing that you are basing your whole argument off something I barley said.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you would be upset if someone stole your stuff and then made fun of your reaction calling it a meltdown. It’s a completely valid response to having your intellectual property used without permission. Meanwhile, I’ll support Tommy Tallarico and buy his sound packs.

But wouldn’t you have to upload them and pay for the moderation fees? Why can’t Tommy just upload his sounds onto roblox for people to buy instead?

2 Likes

Tommy isn’t even a member of the Roblox platform lol. In the showcase video, he didn’t even bother to play Jailbreak himself. It’s clear he only cares about the money, not about the community (especially after being immature on Twitter and calling us all kids). Other than that, Roblox hasn’t implemented a system like that you’re asking yet, and the Developer Marketplace is still a WIP.

6 Likes

This is not cool. This is is a straight up advertisement. FIRST, you want devs to spend anywhere between US$10 and US$250 for sounds, and THEN, you want 2 thousand-350 thousand robux to upload them? Wow.

And also, you put the oof sound in one of those packs? Wow.

3 Likes

This was Tallarico, not ROBLOX.

2 Likes

jUST copy the oof sound in ur roblox folder

We can copy the oof sound for 25 Robux?

1 Like

Oof shouldn’t be replaced, even if you can change it back.

Sound designers don’t get enough respect in this industry. It’s not greedy to want a cut of the profit generated off of your work, no matter how small, especially given how important good sound design is to a game. A lot of work goes into those sounds. They were using his work for a decade+ without so much as a single word of credit to him, nor even paying to have it licensed. Calling him childish and greedy is so incredibly ignorant, given how much money roblox has generated off of his work.

4 Likes

C:\Users[replace with account]\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-0ffd0cc0630345e3\content\sounds\uuhhh.mp3

or here

Please don’t do that, this is a copyrighted asset by Tommy and can result in severe action on your account if you upload the “OOF” sound to the website, especially after all this is going on…

1 Like

What he means is replacing the sound locally each time the client updates. This does not upload it to the website.

1 Like

What is the point in having rules on the forum if you won’t follow them yourself? Seriously, this is an advert, not an update or announcement. I am annoyed that I am not able to flag the post because it is clearly spam. This arrogant man’s products have no place in the devforum announcements category.

2 Likes

I completely agree, and Roblox blatantly misusing their forum encourages other users to do so too. Why is it one rule for one person and another for the rest?

5 Likes

Except… it isn’t excluded because it’s apparently fine if you upload it via purchasing the SDK and then upload the audio to Roblox and Roblox only…

This isn’t going to end well - how are they supposed to know if someone uploaded the old file and if someone uploaded the Sound Design Kit “Oof” file…?

Just remove the Died sound from the character upon joining, and insert your own.

(I think about 90% of scripted games will do this)

With these new sounds there should be a background sound, because a roblox game sounds really quite, and it sounds off when you here a footstep and a jump and nothing else. And maybe there could be 5 sounds to choose from for a game to play.

funfact, tommy also censors his twitter page, so yeah it just goes to show how much he “cares”
dont give money to someone who’s against free speech

2 Likes