Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

If you don’t want to buy it don’t buy it… No one’s making you pay for an oof sound.

This is a very important announcement. It doesn’t just say “Hey! Come buy this thing!” it’s very important for developers and users as it is the removal of a sound effect.

They’re free to make their own sounds, this post said nothing about that.

I didnt say i was happy about the removal of the “oof sound” what i mean is advertising in this channel is stupid.

2 Likes

I never said anything about how you felt about the “oof” sound? All I said was that this isn’t advertising, this is about the removal of a very widely used default effect. The title of this topic should’ve been different, yes, but this is pretty important.

I just dont like the advertising part it makes small SFX designers worthless

1 Like

How? This doesn’t mention anyone else and doesn’t take away from anyone else. The Roblox Team is just showing their solution to their past “drama” with Tommy Tallarico and the copyrighted “oof” sound. If this makes a SFX designer feel worthless then that’s on them, this has nothing to do with them.

1 Like

Yup. As stated in the quote below, Tommy has never shown ownership, yet Roblox is still removing the sound.

I have a few more things, though.

Why is Roblox so scared?
As clearly stated in the post above, Roblox purchased the sounds copyright-free, meaning Roblox shouldn’t be afraid of being sued or anything else. Now, I understand that they might be afraid of Tommy giving them a bad reputation. This shouldn’t be an issue. Keep using the sound, and if Tommy somehow threatens them, or sends some sort of implied message that they will get a bad reputation from him unless they remove the sound, that’s blackmail. It’s illegal, and they can report Tommy to the police.

Are they deliberately siding with Tommy?
Again,

Roblox has the rights, and yet they are still working with Tommy. It seems they are still deciding to work with him for some reason. Why? They have no reason to.

6 Likes

His current company is Intellivision. That’s the name of a console from the 70’s.

He bought the rights to the brand. Your point is?

He probably showed proof in court which is why this is happening.

I’d personally like to see the proof myself. And maybe the court saying the proof was valid.

1. That’s most likely confidential.
  2. It’s most likely the case, otherwise this whole thread wouldn’t exist.
1 Like

Hello, why are you replacing the oof sound?

1 Like

I don’t understand how roblox which is a multi billion dollar company can’t afford to pay Tommy and keep the sound effect on the platform for free

3 Likes

I don’t know either. I wasn’t in the court room.

Because Roblox is operating at a net loss, and unnecessary costs are unacceptable; especially for a public company, which Roblox will soon be.

1 Like

When is Roblox actually going to be removing the oof sound? It’s still here.

1 Like

pls no

also i edited it of course

Once the developer marketplace, or whatever it’s called, is here. They’re waiting for that so developers don’t have to buy the sound kit and pay to upload it.

1 Like

Well its almost half an year and they still haven’t removed the sound.
Sorry for bumping up the post or something.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured they settled it down. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yes, There is code available to replace the default sounds in your game.

At this point I agree with @Crazedbrick1 . It’s been half a year, and no updates or anything. I think that we are good.

1 Like