Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

They will most likely mark these audios down as copyright due to them not paying to use it.

1 Like

For all those who are saying it’s not fair that you have to purchase the bundle of music and having to then upload them to Roblox I feel you but that’s how it is as it is right now if you want a specific sound you have to upload it to Roblox and also get the right for that sound if you want to work cleanly and not under the book.

And for the sound effect “oOf” my opinion is that Roblox after giving him a shout-out like this should have let it be and for everyone to use but that’s my opinion for the “oOf” sound.

Regarding the shoutout that Roblox is giving, I don’t agree with it. In my eyes, Roblox is discriminating against other sound designers out there. Other sound-designers can’t compete with this the only opportunity they will get if only one is looking for a specific sound or a custom sound or someone that wants everything to be original.

These sound packs will be useful and I am thankful for the opportunity but I don’t agree with the compromises that came to be (compromise of the “oOf” sound have to be purchased in order to be used after Roblox is giving him the opportunity of selling to the developers and also giving him this shout-out thus reducing the business for sound designers that are on this platform)

This is strictly me being Bias

1 Like

While this “Announcement” states that a creator is joining the creative community, the reality is that this post doesn’t look at all like a creator joining the community. This post looks like a blatant advertisement, which is a flagrant violation of the developer forum rules.

Beyond this forum’s rules though, if this advertisement is in any way related to a settlement, disclosure should be included. As noted on the Federal Trade Commission Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking page:

If there’s a connection between an endorser and the marketer that consumers would not expect and it would affect how consumers evaluate the endorsement, that connection should be disclosed.

In this case, is there any reason for this extremely unusual “Announcement”?

To be clear, there is no problem with partnerships between Roblox, creators, companies, etc. In this case, sound effects and sound packs are incredible resources which can greatly benefit developers who wish to purchase them.

However, the manner in which this is being presented to us is extremely unusual. In particular, the fact that purchases are being directed to and handled through a third party website rather than through Roblox is a complete break with everything that I have seen on the platform.

8 Likes

An advert. Really Roblox? Move this to your now deleted #marketplace (oh hey that actually goes to a tag, you learn smth new every day) channel please.

5 Likes

After purchasing the sound packs, do we still have to pay the fee for uploading sounds into the platform? Ten thousand sounds?

EDIT: If all of the sounds are shorter than 10 seconds, it means the price would be ~$900 for ONLY uploading them.

3 Likes
  1. Why is this on #updates:announcements?
    It triggers me and everyone who has notifications on for #updates:announcements thinking of a new update.

2. Ads or selling assets are not allowed on the Dev Forum.

3. Layer 4
    Imagine buying 10,000 sound effects and uploading them one-by-one on Roblox.
    This triggers me and everyone away.

4. You can Hire someone else to make official music for their game.
    Although they cost more than these Sounds you can get Original music for your game rather than putting music that every game would have.

5. Layer 6
    Next, how can preferring good sounds from 10,000 sounds be easy?

6 Likes

This is pretty ridiculous, we have hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of 3 minute APM songs we can use for FREE, but we need to pay to use 3 second sound effects.

I mean, come on. A lot of people would be more interested in this if the sound effects were actually free, because its hard to find fitting sound effects nowdays.

Not to mention that you also have to UPLOAD the sound to Roblox for ROBUX.
Imagine uploading all 10,000 sound effects to Roblox…

2 Likes

@eoblzz

To answer some of your questions based off what I’ve read,

The ‘Oof’ sound is in all of the purchasable Sound Design Kits. You would most likely have to pay 10$ to use the sound in your game.

From what I have read, you would not be able to buy them for the group game and let them used it unless you own it. As it clearly states in the post below: “Each developer must purchase their own Sound Design Kit in order to have any of those sounds in the game. " and These are only for the games for the developer who has purchased the Tallarico Sound Design Kit products.

You would basically have to own the group game if you wanted to buy sounds for it. ( Is my understanding of what it says in the ToS)

To answer this statement below…

I’ve talked about this earlier so I will link my thoughts below this and hopefully try to clear it up.

1 Like

I’m glad that Roblox is encouraging developers to use sound design to improve their games by advertising a quality sound maker, but I have a few issues.

1 - Why does Tommy get special treatment? His work is good, but there are other emerging sound developers too that are able to make nice sounds too. If Roblox wants this platform to be a way for people to develop their skills as a game developer, whether it be programming, building or sound design, they should give these emerging developers some recognition too.

2 - How is this advertisement announcement-worthy? Announcements should be used to keep developers updated on important changes and updates. Again, it’s great that Roblox is encouraging the use of good sound design, but should that not be reserved for something else? If developers needed to be told about new things, like the developer marketplace (mentioned in this announcement) or the removal of the “Oof!” sound, then it should just be that.

3 - Roblox is meant to serve as an amazing starting point for new developers. How are people who do not want to buy Robux going to upload the sounds they just bought? How can Roblox justify the cost of uploading all the sounds on top of the initial pack price?

4 - If someone makes a model including Tommy Tallarico sounds in it and they allow others to copy it, and people do, will there be consequences? If so, will the asset developer be considered at fault, or will the people who took the asset and used it in their games be?

5 - What will happen to games that already use the “Oof!” sound outside of player death?

6 - What will the replacement for the “Oof!” sound sound like?

I’m a little disappointed in the lack of information, as well as the lack of reasoning. Developers work hard to make good games for this platform and without us, this platform can’t thrive. At the very least, we should get some more transparency than this. I understand if Roblox staff aren’t too sure about how this was going to work out, but if this is the case, then this announcement should have been delayed until there is more certainty regarding what will happen.

(I get this feeling they don’t really care per say, as long as Tommy doesn’t know or complain)

3 Likes

NO, This is the worst update ever on Roblox “TO BE SEEN” like why? And money, is he greedy? What’s this for? I am not vouching this Tommy dude at all.

Edit: I don’t seem too angry now and at least had to happen, Tommy isn’t a bad guy, but really could and wish to negotiate a different way rather then fully removing the oof sound. But then again it’s not likely to happen.

3 Likes

This is so dumb honestly like this person just wants money in my opinion if he’s “Selling” it, and the iconic oof sound has been with Roblox for like 10 years or something it is the only thing that raised Roblox is the sound it was so funny but now you “Roblox” are removing it please bring it back don’t let ie go away its the best thing on Roblox there is. Roblox you are already getting some hate from the people commenting they just want the Roblox Iconic “OOF” sound just leave it be, please and Thank you!!

2 Likes

At least change the title to something more appropriate to convey the message. I must say this is one of the worst responses Roblox could’ve given to such a heated issue. This guy doesn’t care about the Roblox community; I would much rather prefer him suing Roblox then settling agreements through play and pretend.

It doesn’t make him part of the Roblox community by advertising his services to make up for exaggerating and loud-mouthing on this incident. Not only does this hurt the companies reputation but also pushes back recognition on talented SFX creators that actually value the community and contribute to it actively. This thread doesn’t highlight proper reasoning over what to expect of the oof sound in the future and any chance of this being an apology is insincere. At its finest, this is simply a Tommy commercial.

I understand that if you have IP stolen from you, it’s going to be frustrating. But the advertising here isn’t necessary.

Next time Roblox bumps into these cases, imma hope that the owner is civilized and, both parties agree to a pleasant and supportive settlement, where neither parties are affected negatively. Hopefully, Roblox reviews this thread containing our constructive criticism before putting forward such decisions

10 Likes

We’re complaining because the solution is absolutely terrible.

Not only is this post a gigantic advertisement, but you now have to PAY for the OOF sound in a bundle!

I think a lot of us would be fine with it if we could by the oof sound on its own for like 10 cents a pop, Tallarico would probably get more money doing so.

Where is my welcome to the creative community, I can’t find it?

5 Likes

I’m not sure what this even has to do with this topic, what do you mean?

I feel like this is self explanatory, they are just saying to welcome him into the community, there isn’t much more to it.

The point is as to why this person gets a special welcome over any other person who has created content on/for the platform?

Does this mean throwing a wobble on social media gets you special treatment?

2 Likes

As plenty have already said ( Including myself ), this is most likely part of their legal agreement.
I’m not at all for advertising on the dev forums especially for someone who threw a fit on the community.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a sucky moment. But the creator wants to take advantage of the copyright infringement. Roblox can’t really do anything else considering this is probably a legal agreement. I’m sure they fought ferociously for us.

2 Likes

why is advertisement in announcements? i want updates about game things and not some half-dead person trying to screw over a whole platform for a 0.8 second clip

2 Likes