Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

That’s a bold statement to make seeing how this is most likely part of a legal agreement which Tommy is almost guaranteed a percentage of, if not more than half of it seeing how they are his sounds. A company literally needs money to continue to run. Odd are in this case, Roblox is just in a situation that they are legally bound to do.

2 Likes

We can’t assume Tommy’s feelings on ROBLOX too much. But I do agree. There are way too many SFX designers that don’t get enough recognition, and this Tommy guy is overshadowing them, not to mention the price on sounds. You can get a whole sample kit with over 100,000 for free if you look deep enough. That will make you about a million sounds yourself.

I do disagree with the “OOF” sound being removed.

3 Likes

I’ve played games that use it that still haven’t got it removed.

There are still games that use the Sword Art Online death sound effect that haven’t been copyrighted so, I would assume you’d be able to use it but, do it at your own risk.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully we can be able to make sounds ourselves for us to use. Then I won’t have to pay 100 robux for a certain sound.

You should be able to upload your own sounds already if that is what you are referring to. I upload custom sound effects all the time to Roblox.

1 Like

Oh really?! That’s sweet! Now I feel dumb. I might as well delete the whole post or just change it. Sigh… Joining discussions in the morning right before class is not my thing. :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Understandable lol.

Just go to ‘Create’ on the webite
Under ‘My Creations’ click on ‘Audio’ and then upload an audio of your choice.

1 Like

There it is. Since a long time ago you are able to do it lol.

1 Like

Its not that easy to move to unity. It’s an entierly different system which could set you back years of your experience here on roblox.

Personally, I don’t see this as something to quit roblox over.

1 Like

I feel like an amateur :woman_facepalming: :joy: Maybe cause I’ve been focusing on building for too long I haven’t experimented with other things much. Ahhhh this is embarrassing :joy:

2 Likes

Was a joke :smiley: I have no intent of moving over to unity for now…

3 Likes

Roblox would not be doing any of this — let alone make an announcement on the topic if they didn’t have any sort of proof that he owns the ‘Oof’ sound.

Wait out of curiosity would it be illegal to use the sound on a group project if only you licensed the sound???

He says in the Video on the website that you can Use the Audio on any project or in any group as long as the Audio does not get distributed or leaves the Roblox Platform

1 Like

Imagine paying 250 dollars for the 10k sound pack only to find out its roblox only.

2 Likes

That’s why this idea is so crappy, because there are a ton of questions that arise, also including the fact that Tommy is just giving us the sound files, he’s not really uploading the sounds himself

say for example I bought the 10k sounds for 250, and I’m pretty sure that uploading a sound costs 100 r$/per sound and I want to upload all my sounds

so I would ultimatley have to pay $250 and 1000000 robux all for this guys sound pack

1,000,000 (1 Million Robux) is almost $3500 USD according to dev ex rates, so I’d be paying a total of

$3570 just for buying and uploading it’s just insane :clap: :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s just a waste amount of money. Maybe in the near future, you can make other things related to sounds and things! I would say save your money and wait for a few days to weeks

Thanks, Fusion

This is an interesting topic. It’s very unfortunate that the “Oof!” sound effect is being removed from being the default death sound on the Roblox platform that we’ve come to love and it being a sign of Roblox. I understand that we also can pay like 100 robux to get it in our game but not everyone can afford it even though it’s only a dollar worth of robux so it will no longer be a key sign of the Roblox platform. Sad to see it go but this can potentially open up new roads for Roblox, excited to hear the next sound.

But here is the thing you can find free 10,000 packs of free to use commercially audios. Imagine paying 250 for it. That price point is so steep its insane because you also have to upload the sounds.

And then you have to pay all the robux to even be able to upload it to Roblox.

1 Like