Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

How does this give opportunities to developers? From what I see this is just a cash grab that affects the SFX community.

7 Likes

From what I know they said that the “oof” sound will still be available but you will need to buy it from the website.

And this site is open to anyone. It supports paypal payments. Literal kids can go pay this random guy a bunch of money for sounds they probably wont use anyway

This would work better if it was just a robux purchase which any profits go to the guy who made them or whatever

9 Likes

Ive read a bunch of mixed opinions.

I believe sound design is important, and this is a good thing for that. A ton of high quality sounds for a cheap price for anyone to use who purchases.

The main thing against it is we bassically have to double pay. We need to pay for the sounds from Tommy, and then we need to pay to upload the sounds to the site. I think this is dumb, especially as audios arent exactily the most cheap things, especially when theres hundreds or thousands of sounds. This can get expensive for many developers who dont have hundreds of thousands of robux to their name.

I would love to not have to pay to upload these sounds to the site, and instead only need to pay once.

7 Likes

Why have a advertisement in the announcement category like many people here have stated? I was hoping for a new development update.

I agree with @buildthomas on this.

15 Likes

Developers can still use the oof sound according to Tommy, people actually like these new sounds and they’re gonna use it in their games. I think it’s a good update for the people who can use this sounds.

This is simply just an advertisement, this is no better than just going on google and searching up sound effects and buying it off there. This is just a bunch of advertising, on the official Roblox account, and on the #updates:announcements page.
If this was to be worthy of an announcement, Roblox could release some sound effects they made, and for them to make it (preferably) free.

5 Likes

If you think it’s expensive for 10 dollars, Tommy said this. ‘That is for 100 sound fx that ROBLOX developers can use in their games. For individuals wanting the sound it will be around 100 Robux I believe.’

While I’m all for good sound design and sound packs, using this forum announcement system as part of what appears to be this settlement here doesn’t feel amazing.

That being said, I am glad there is more focus on good sound design.

48 Likes

I don’t really agree with this, well I mean, the original Oof sound is very iconic and basically one of the things that got roblox really popular, it’s the OG sound effect, so pretty sure many roblox OGs would disagree with this; though it’s nice to have new, fascinating sound effects in some games though. Also, why is this marked as announcements?

7 Likes

I agree with you. Advertising in the announcement page is absurd, but remember that Tommy originally created this sound. At least they made a deal and didn’t copyright strike Roblox for millions of dollars.

Well if we’re going to be blunt in asking this, it’s likely part of a settlement. Perhaps it’s warranted this one time given the circumstances, though personally I understand the annoyance factor.

45 Likes

This doesn’t really belong in the big announcements category. Roblox should have posted it in #resources.

8 Likes

So why are Roblox replacing the old sound considering how iconic it is and it apparently being free for them to use now?

4 Likes

I agree on that, I would also be willing to try the sound packs but it is confusing and annoying that Roblox would put this under announcements and many people like myself rather have this be used to announce more important things than advertisement of SFX.

2 Likes

No, you have to pay.

LINK: https://www.tallarico.com/roblox

Settlement or not, this is our Developer Forum, and this post is not respecting the community. They should have found a different way.

71 Likes

or they should make an advertisement category.

I am assuming that this was posted as part of a legal resolution between Roblox and Tommy Tallarico so that Roblox doesn’t need to pay as much money.

I don’t know the situation, but please pay the man so we can keep the oof sound.

What do you think?
  • keep the oof sound if possible
  • I’m okay with this solution

0 voters

6 Likes

Agreed, if they wanted to advertise SFX’s (which still wouldn’t be acceptable), it would be much better to advertise SFX users from the Roblox community.