Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

So Roblox agrees that he did is the original creator of the OOF sound? Because he stated that on his webpage.
Roblox, this sucks. This is an advertisement and need to be posted under #collaboration and removing the OOF sound is just stupid. Even more stupid is that you can still purchase the sound for 10 dollars. I will never support this, but this is another all time low, and it is only becoming worse when Roblox will go to the stock market.

2 Likes

I have a question, are we allowed to remix the sounds??? (For example the “Oof” sound).

Im saying this because there are some people who remixed the “Oof” sound.

2 Likes

The fact that it’s happening now despite Roblox’s assurance that they believe in developer trust and confidence means it can and probably will happen again. Roblox Corp is setting a precedent here and I really truly hope they listen to their valued developer’s concerns.

If Roblox is not going to remove this blatent advertising in the Announcements category for an already well-established person’s work, a person who doesn’t even like this platform, doesn’t understand it, and who even sued it for their quick buck, hopefully Roblox will at the very least give us a response about this.

I’ve supported just about every decision Roblox has made in the past, but this is just disappointing and disrespectful.

5 Likes

I’m going to buy the OOF effect for 10 cents.

4 Likes

This is ironic to say the least
This whole post is a huge ‘OOF’ moment.

1. ADVERTISEMENT in the UPDATES/ANNOUNCEMENTS category? SERIOUSLY!?
  2. The guy who sued Roblox calls Roblox’s staff friends for putting this ‘exciting’ announcement together.
  3. The website to purchase this stuff from is SKETCHY as anything
  4. YOU CAN’T EVEN PREVIEW WHAT SFX YOU’RE GETTING
  5. If you ever decide (who knows why you would) to purchase one of these SFX packs - YOU GOTTA PAY TO UPLOAD THEM TO ROBLOX!

This is honestly sickening.
Sure, you guys had to settle this matter. BUT DON’T PUT IT IN ANNOUCEMENTS. YOU HAVE A WHOLE PLATFORM TO ADVERTISE THIS STUFF ON, PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

15 Likes

This. This right here. Thank you for pointing this out.

14 Likes

So, you guys know that removing OOF is gonna kill roblox, right?
it’s literally the iconic sound that reminds everyone of roblox, it’s basically the SYMBOL of roblox, it’s everywhere, you guys are literally gonna KILL roblox if you do that.

it’s basically the same as removing the default face or the iconic lego looking character.
My opinion is: this sucks stop doing that roblox, i hate this update.

2 Likes

I like that Roblox is making sound effects a little easier to find, but if I buy a pack? Do I need to buy the uploading fee?

It’s not going to “kill” Roblox but it will hurt its reputation. The OOF sound is one of many things Roblox is known for.

1 Like

It’s Spam is the correct option to choose.
Stop flagging the replies people, flag the ADVERTISEMENT

1 Like

Or you can just spend way less money on any other asset store for the specific sounds you need. Like the unreal store.

Or buy way better sounds from other non personal professional libraries like boom.

Or , here’s a thought. Buy royalty free sounds from thousands of places on the web for a whopping $0

32 Likes

Yes. You are paying double for the sound pack.

3 Likes

It won’t kill Roblox, we will all hissy fit for a while and then forget this happened.
Its pretty ridiculous though.

1 Like

Yes. The audio files have to be uploaded by the individual that purchases them.

By the way, any reason I should buy this rather than going to some unity devforum, where I can find a much larger variety of sound effects for free?

5 Likes

This. There’s hundreds of similar oof sounds available for free. Why would we support tommy?

5 Likes

I find the Tallarico Sound Design Kit very worth it for myself however I am not too excited for the upcoming change to the “Oof!” sound. Nonetheless I am very glad that all is well between both parties.

2 Likes

But seriously though the OOF sound is deeply part of Roblox’s Legacy I don’t think removing it for Tommy’s gain is completely bogus. And this is basically Roblox’s thing and now your gonna remove it?! This is outrageous this is not right for the community and for your image. This is what represent Roblox in a way and your gonna remove that?! I am not trying to be rude but this is absolute useless changes.

They said that they where including some Tommy Tallacario sounds, I think that would include our beloved OOF! :happy2:

I disagree mostly because the license works only with Roblox games. You can’t use the sounds anywhere else other than Roblox games.