Too hard to join new servers

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to join new servers. When joining an experience–then leaving–it makes me back into the same server over 50% of the time.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to join new servers. I left the other server for a reason, so why would it make me join back to it?

NOTE: Sometimes I will wait 20 minutes before joining again, and it STILL made me join a same server I was previously in!

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because one of your friend was in the experience? When you play a game where one of your friend is playing it automatically join him.

Roblox also makes you join the closest server to you.

3 Likes

No, no friends were playing.
Yet, upon rejoining, it still made me join the same server.
This happens in all experiences, not just that one.

I think Roblox has is programmed where it makes you have a high chance of joining the same server if you rejoin. I think they have it programmed that way because if people disconnect they would want to join back in the same server.

You could create a system that redirects players joining an old server to a server with the newer version.

Because that server is in your region. Putting you in far servers will cause you a heavy ping.

1 Like

When I went to the servers list and manually joined one, it turned out to be a Japanese server. Everyone there spoke Japanese and (I guess) was from Japan. My ping was fine, but I know what you mean. I just wish it did not restrict me to the same servers.

Roblox automatically does this for convenience but if you want to join a new server you can just use the server list. I don’t really see why this is an issue

When I want to server hop I usually turn my vpn on… Have you tried that?

an inconvenient workaround is to block a user in the server, roblox will then make sure you’re sorted into one without them

1 Like