Too many new DevForum members

I dont quite think you understand the point of this post?

The whole point of this post is to just make seperate sections just depending on the skill level of current members.
You are still being welcomed to the DevForum, he is just suggesting to make different sections just depending on the current skill level of said member so that scripting help does not get flooded.

Edit: Once again, if that is not what you meant then feel free to correct me.

1 Like

But you never explained why you had that opinion, which is what @Syntheix wants to know (the explanation)

2 Likes

Seemed like you were just repeating this in your own words.

The topic isnā€™t even about that, itā€™s about different sections for the forum.

1 Like

Yeah I think maybe a forum for new forum members and after a month they get reviewed and if they follow the rules and post in the right category etc they can get moved to the main forums? People from the main forum can answer people from the lower forum though

1 Like

This just means another platform for devrel to monitor, it will require more resources like moderation.

Best that they learn here.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s also very true I never thought of that, maybe a quiz or something to be allowed to post?

1 Like

Yea I suggested that as well, see:

A quiz (an automatic one) wouldnā€™t work as the method and answers would just be posted online. A manually reviewed quiz would turn into the previous application process to join the DevForum.

3 Likes

If they made a super long quiz that asked different questions for everyone, or a bank of questions depending on their last response, that might work and prevent people from posting the answers to the quiz.

2 Likes

I agree, your soloution could work well.

I donā€™t think an automatic one, maybe like 100 questions that get switched everytime you take the quiz, and the questions get switched every month or so?

That would take months in itself to create all the questions to rotate through at those rates and randomization.

Thousands seems unreasonable. Although, maybe a hundred or so at most, and maybe 10 random questions out of all those hundred would be chosen, since there is a lot of possibilities, someone canā€™t just post the questions online since they only got 10 of however many there are.

1 Like

This is close to what @chexburger said

This could work, yes. I doubt every month it gets changed as this would be just as hard as reading applications to join the forum.

Itā€™s not just scripting support that covers up peopleā€™s harder questions. I see Collaboration, other Help and Feedback sub-categories, and Development Discussion cover up my posts.

I will admit that if a question goes unanswered, I will rub my hands all over my keyboard to compose a post, then delete it so it goes back to the top and people donā€™t have to know that Iā€™m posting a jumble of letters. However, it goes nearly off the screen in no joke 5 seconds with unnecessary threads.

So yes, I would like this fixed too.

2 Likes

10 questions isnā€™t effective enough to determine the skillset of someone. It would take a lot more than that.

Then it is just a matter of raising the question count if necessary. Anything beyond 20 is unreasonably large quiz.

2 Likes

But youā€™re talking about skillset here. Weaving out different levels of people. You need multiple questions of different levels to test that personā€™s levels.

Yeah thousands is a bit too extreme maybe one hundred or so, and maybe also have to show some work of yours?

1 Like

Potentially roblox could run a challenge, that changes monthly? Similar to Teverse, new members of devforum would need to complete the monthly challenge before joining the forum, different challenges for different talents, UI, building, scripting etc.