Too much gore? Lmk

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641025114586218506/645736813226360832/a.mp4 Let me know in the comments
Credits to @verphos

15 Likes

It is an AMAZING animation, but unfortunately I donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to get away with putting it in a game unless you mark the game for like 13+. Maybe try making the dummy fall down in a puddle of blood instead?

3 Likes

I would say this is too graphic for the majority demographic on Roblox

To me itā€™s the head loss mesh that is too graphic. The particles and sound effects are pretty cool nonetheless

7 Likes

The headshot is way too brutal in my opinion i would make it just the head remove instead of ā€œpopingā€

4 Likes

The amount of blood is fine, itā€™s not like there are gallons gushing out.
But that is damn realistic.

Iā€™ve seen horror games like AIADH have graphic stuff too, and unless itā€™s flown under the radar, it should be fine.

Maybe add an option to turn off blood like PF.

4 Likes

The quality, scripting and building is great but the amount of blood is much and with the ā€œgraphicā€ details as well. If only it would be less ā€œgoryā€ then I would love it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A ā€˜Game Ratingsā€™ system would be nice so we can have a bit more freedom to do innovative stuff like this.

iirc some zombie games have this much blood but simply turn the head invisible so just changing the transparency might be okay but Iā€™m not a mod so I canā€™t confirm.

7 Likes

Thanks, the blood disable/enable might do it. When you join a game it will be automatically set off.

1 Like

That gave me chills, itā€™s pretty realistic. Yes, too much gore.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure itā€™s alright if thereā€™s a disable/enable function.

90% of the time, Roblox only goes after stuff like that if thereā€™s no option to disable it.

If it was super strict, blood wouldnā€™t really be a thing thatā€™s allowed.

1 Like

:roblox: Gā€™day Fellow member, I would recommend you to remove the Peace of the head on that dummy due to it being quite Violent, Roblox is a Family Friendly Community, I suggest you just instead putting on a head that gets flinged at the time you shoot the Head and if you can add a little more blood to the Flinged head you can make it spray some Blood, but I do not recommend the Peace of the head still there. :roblox: In anyway it is pretty good! Good job my man.

Programmer | thegamerplane

I have seen games do similar effects with no recourse. Iā€™m sure it would be fine.

1 Like

I think whether you get to keep the effect as it is right now, depends largely on the initial character design. Anything thatā€™s remotely close to a Robloxian or humanoid-like figure, probably wouldnā€™t allow you to keep that mesh that appears after shooting the head.

Umm first off thatā€™s way too much. Now for the reasoning. Blood bath was deleted for a same system like this. But I donā€™t believe blood bath had part of the head all bloody and partially gone stay on the character. Hope this helped John!

1 Like

As far as I am concerned if there is a clearly available option to disable gore, the game is not made accessible for xbox players and its not obnoxiously obsessive as if itā€™s trying to break TOS there is no reason why I would see a problem.

1 Like

Why not have the gore disabled at game start, with a disclaimer that indicates the player has acknowledged the gore, are of appropriate age, and that Roblox is nulled from any responsibility. Only someone looking though the menu would find it. Maybe have a multiplication equation to ensure children canā€™t enable it.

I am a parent of 2, 8 year olds. I monitor everything they play and as a parent thatā€™s my responsibility. I donā€™t see how a dev can be held accountable for something they put warnings and confirmations too, when itā€™s the parents job to make sure their children are playing games appropriate for their age or maturity.

1 Like

Yeah, I will try as much as possible to limit gore usage for kids. Iā€™m not sure if we can check if a player is 13+. I havenā€™t heard of a function that letā€™s you do that.

You could create your own. Just put a button that says I am 13 years old or older, and ask your parents for permission as curtesy if your worried about it.

Edit: Although this wonā€™t stop children from trying to play it anyway, which is why I suggest disabling it at startup.

Edit2: though from my understanding you canā€™t access it unless your 13+ anyway.

This would be asking for personal information, a simple toggle is the way to go (this might need clarification.) I wouldnā€™t recommend going much further than adding quick splats so the player gets feedback when they make a hit, but definitely add an option/warning at the start if you decide to. Itā€™s not clear where the line is drawn (a lot of it is contextual), so donā€™t be surprised if these kinds of games are taken down if itā€™s decided theyā€™ve gone too far.

Maybe mechanics like tool-holding should be given a higher priority than gore?

The head thing where it rips off,Is just a big no no