Toolbox Search Update (Search in general)

I feel like it’s about time that the roblox search engine could do with an update. This is what I am talking about:
b97138f46840e20722901dc0a624ca92.png
I searched for GUI and the first results that show up are zombies, gloves, gear walls, guns and generally just stuff that is totally unrelated to what I searched for. Now I know that I could sort it by relevance, but when I do the first results are usually poorly made models. I just think that the results that should show up should just be what it says in the title.
E.g, If I search for GUI, only models should show up that have the word “GUI” in the title.

Also there should be a ‘search by creator’ input on the toolbox page. (suggested by Crazyman32)

Please let me know what you think about this idea, and if it could be improved or altered somehow.

Extra info:
The reason I think this feature will be useful is because it will help out developers who are wanting to use or learn from a high quality model, rather than spending ages trying to find a model that is half decent and is what they are looking for.

18 Likes

It would be nice if the whole search functionality there were overhauled. How about extra queries? e.g. Searching under a certain user only.

2 Likes

Like this for example?

2 Likes

Yes

I was informing you that it already exists ^.^

How do you search by creator then? I see no input for that.

You have to find another model made by that person then click their name, which is pretty irritating.

4 Likes

Well then in that case there should be a ‘search by creator’ option present when you open the toolbox.

2 Likes

It would also be great if you could omit certain terms from the search by adding a “-” in front of them.

For example: Tree -Zombie. Would remove anything tagged with “Zombie”. Google search has this feature and it’s really useful.

3 Likes

I know this could make it more complicated to create but it would be really cool if there was a way to rate how the search engine did and tag models that you don’t feel fit the criteria that you entered which would allow the search to “learn” which models you are looking for and what kinds of models to avoid. If it were “smart” enough it could even learn the tags that users would associate with a model which would nullify spammed irrelevant tags that are tacked on to some models.

1 Like

You’re right, that would be great to see!

1 Like

Seems like a few people feel the same way about this and it’s not just me haha
I’m hoping someone reading this is considering adding extra queries, would be really helpful!

2 Likes

Support.
Reason being that looking for Audio in the library on the website is pretty difficult since there’s issues with loading the sound assets. Sometimes the sounds wont play, but an easy fix for this is to just open up studio and look up the audio in the toolbox.

However, this was very short lived seeing as how the toolbox lacks filters.
Being able to filter by creator (Primarily to allow us to be able to look for copyright-free audio)
would already be a big improvement.

1 Like