Tools randomly being removed from player in studio test servers

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Whenever a tool is equipped by any player, it is removed within seconds.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Everytime.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

It happens on my game, Space frontier. Both the test server and main version of it. Everything works fine online, but in studio this happens 100% of the time.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

https://gyazo.com/8a64c0191ae978d039db67b382a4f3e2

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

I am running a gtx 1060 6gb and an i7 7700k on windows 10. I have 16 gb of ram.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Today. It was working fine yesterday, and I even tried rolling back the version to versions days ago, and the bug still happens even though I am positive that it wasn’t happening before.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

It shouldn’t be related to the player save file, because after resetting data and trying on both the main and test server I still have the problem.

An interesting thing to note is that if a tool is given to the player client-side, it won’t end up being destroyed.

This happens even when it is just a simple tool with a part as a handle (no scripts), so the gun I was using is not at fault.

14 Likes

Have you tried on an empty baseplate? I’m not getting these problems.

I have, and I didn’t have the same problems. This is something that is hard for me to repro, for sure.

Even if I disable every server side script(Which I’m assuming is where the problem is, considering it won’t happen if the tool is inserted client side), and insert a tool with a handle and no script, this still happens though.

This seems to be specific to your game. Please check your scripts for something that’s causing this to happen. If you can provide a more specific repro, we’ll look into this!

Alright, sounds good. Sure I’ll figure out something!

1 Like

I’m also having this same studio bug with my place. It just started occurring yesterday as well for me. After disabling all game scripts we are still experiencing this issue, however on a new baseplate we do not.

5 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue in my game as well, normally I’d investigate my own scripts to find the problem but seeing as two other people are having the same issues beginning around the same time it’s likely that it is indeed an issue on Roblox’s end. I’ll see if I can make a repro

2 Likes

I actually got contacted by someone not in the dev forum about the same problem, in a game that has been working fine for 8 months now.

Gonna mention ya @Silent137, just in case you aren’t aware!

2 Likes

Same problem here, yesterday when I test my game running normally, but today when I test my game the tool automatically deleted after the tool is cloned to the player (except tool from StarterPack)

1 Like

I’m working on two different games right now and both give tools to the player using :Clone() and then setting the parent. Neither are having these issues. I’m not sure what’s up.

Someone was help me to solved this issue. Just disable FE. I think roblox have problem with FE in Roblox Studio.
Edit:
From EGO_INVICTUM: [TEST]Maze Craze - Roblox

3 Likes

I’m parenting tools to backpacks and I’m using FilteringEnabled, and this isn’t happening to me.

It’s happening to me, works fine online but totally borked in Studio

1 Like

Happening here too, earlier today I thought I was going crazy!

Once again works Online, not in Studio.

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t spend forever trying to figure out why this was happening to me

2 Likes

I ran into this issue and instantly knew this wasn’t my fault, thanks for the confirmation

pls fix

1 Like

Didn’t happen to me before, is happening to me and my brother in Studio when we have FilteringEnabled and we’re using the server + client testing method. Play Solo works fine, disabling FE works fine.

I advise anyone “not having issues” to do some tests in studio on any working game.

More info:

This happens in all my games, when I do Test -> Start Local Server -> Any amount of players

It doesn’t matter if a tool is cloned into the backpack or put there via StarterPack. The tool disappears after roughly 2 second, without clicking or anything.

This happens only if FilteringEnabled is turned on, and if the tool has a handle. The “2 seconds -> delete” starts after you equip the tool.

I’m guessing this is a safety feature bugging out. My brother is having the same exact problem on an empty baseplate and a tool with a simple handle + localscript.

MORE DETAILS:

This bug “goes away” SOMETIMES if you wait a bit, equip another tool that has no handle, click, and go back to the tool with a handle. It doesn’t disappear after 2 seconds.

The things my script has in common with my brothers is we both have LocalScripts, Handles with sounds, in the scripts we have an Equipped event and a “mouse.Button1Down” eventinside the .Equipped event.

MY TOOLS WORKED not too long ago; this is a very new bug. I made no changes to my game and this started happening.

Man is this thing annoying. I really hope it gets fixed asap, its delaying my dev time.

yeah trying to work on everything but the tools in our game right now because I can’t make any progress with this bug
running out of stuff to do real quick

2 Likes