[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Hello everyone, I am having a hard time trying to realize how to notify icon in different script when (in my case) a crate was unboxed, can you please help me out with this

EDIT: Found a way, IconController - TopbarPlus
The reason it didnt work before because I didn’t set the name to my icon

Hii, could you tell me how you made the dropdowns use a UI corner?

No, we all tried it and it just does it like that.

Instead of:

local Themes = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").Icon.Themes)

Try doing:

local Themes = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Icon.Themes)

His issue is that when he mutes the music, then when he invited someone, the music gets unmuted, not the issue of the themes, please reread his post

Instead of that, try doing this:

local Themes = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Icon.Themes)
local FindServerAudio = game:GetService("Workspace"):WaitForChild("ServerMusic")
local SocialService = game:GetService("SocialService")
local plr = script.Parent.Parent
local player = plr

local invite = Icon.new() -- INVITE FRIENDS
invite:setRight()
invite:setName("InviteFriends")
invite:setTheme(Themes.NoSelect)
invite:setImage("http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=14277545872")
invite:bindEvent("selected", function(icon)
	local canInvite = SocialService:CanSendGameInviteAsync(player)
	if canInvite then
		SocialService:PromptGameInvite(player)
	end
end)

wait(.1)

local music = Icon.new() -- SERVER MUSIC TOGGLE
music:setName("ServerMusic")
music:setTheme(Themes.NoSelect)
music:SetImage("http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=14205186156", "selected")
music:SetImage("http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=14205184964", "deselected")
music:bindEvent("toggled", function() 
	FindServerAudio.Volume = 0
else
	FindServerAudio.Volume = 1.2
end)

Also I recommend following this tutorial so you don’t need to always repeat the icon: or something like that, instead, do:

Icon.new()
	:setName("IconName")
	:setLabel("Label")
	--customize it

Hope this helped you! Let me know!

Hey, I went ahead and tried all of your suggestions. While they modernized and made the scripts more efficient, the original issue is still persisting.

I am very glad that TopbarPlus detects the “BETA” icon when you have voice chat and moves the icons.
TopbarPlus is truly amazing.

2 Likes

Is it just me or is anyone else having the issue where the icons merge with the chat icon if you use the new chat and not legacychat?

1 Like

Well, then it’s probably something else that you did. Try checking the Console when doing that action.

Okay so, I tried doing a code with a LocalScript for deselect the Icon when a button is clicked. But it does this error: Players.OnlyJ0nathan.PlayerGui.Shop.Frame.Close.LocalScript:17: attempt to index boolean with 'deselect'

Is there something wrong I did? My code is posted below so anyone can help me fix this out. Thanks!

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local Player = Players.LocalPlayer

local PlayerUI = Player.PlayerGui
local Shop = PlayerUI.Shop

local Button = script.Parent

local Icon = require(ReplicatedStorage.Icon)
local IconController = require(ReplicatedStorage.Icon.IconController)

local icon = IconController.getIcon("Shop")

Button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	Shop.Enabled = false
	icon:deselect()
end)

Yup, was driving me crazy. For me it occurs when toggling the visibility of the core UI / chat box.

Best I can tell, when LegacyTextChat is enabled, the core UI object is destroyed or fully hidden, which makes TopbarPlus slide its icons over. When TextChatService is enabled, the core UI object is only partially hidden, which makes TopbarPlus not slide over. The bug appears to occur when TopbarPlus assumes it slid over, when it didn’t.

1 Like

How can I close/deselected the topbar icon when I click on the exit button? I want to make it so you can either press the icon, press G, or click on the “X” to close it. Thanks!
How can I do this.

The new LegacyText is so sleek its amazing. I cant wait for this to be fixed.

That’s no where near being a helpful reply.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me, and I don’t understand why? It closes, but the Icon button doesnt deselect.

Why are you adding a wait in there?

1 Like

How do I get the players humanoid from the script? Character:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”) wont work, and Character:WaitForChild(“Humanoid”) wont work.

They both say “Attempt to index nil with waitforchild/findfirstchild

Maybe character is nil? Try debugging that first.

Tried already, nothing is seeming to work. I need to get the humanoid, and I need to get startercharacterscripts but it wont let me?