If you want to keep an eye out for future updates and plans made for the game please visit the Tower Defenders Roadmap
1.1.3 Alpha (7/16/2021)
This update contains dozens of micro-changes and many big ones. Most notable is the addition of the tower, Augur Solis, Interpreter of The Sun. Who has become my favorite tower through sheer power and visual/audio aesthetics. No really, his voicelines are stunning.
This update has fixed many long-existing bugs, like target filters all properly working, and so on.
Another implementation with this update is a huge balance pass addressing many key imbalances within PvE and PvP, there were few stones left unturned.
The goal for this update was to shake a lot of things up in a calculated way. Many things should now feel fresh. But enough with the small-talk, here’s the beans!
- ‘Augur Solis, Interpreter of The Sun’ late game support/damage hybrid tower
- PVE GAMEPLAY REVAMPED, PVP BALANCES
- Game is shorter! Easy > 20 rnds, Normal > 26 rnds, Hard > 30 rnds, Legendary/other > 34 rnds
- New PvP ranked season! (Ranks wiped)
- Massive balance pass & bug fixes
- Xavier’s model and messages were updated
- PvP numbers abbreviated
- Voicelines added to Footman, Defender, Knight towers
- Great Cannon damage buffed by 2x
- Berserker damage buffed by 2x
- Berserker lifesteal reduced to Dmg/10, from Dmg/3
- King health buffed by 2x
- King damage buffed by 2x
- Hoplite Challenge ability now marks enemies for increased damage from all Hoplite attacks, still slows them as well
- Golem costs significantly increased
- Mortar damage significantly increased
- King Elric IV now has 675,000 base hp, from 800,000
- Moloc, Korlash, and Elric now have greatly increased attack damage, but now deal 20% of their attack damage as AoE, down from 100%
- Dark Prophet now heals enemies for 5% of their max hp, used to heal flat hp
- Dark Prophet now deals 10% of max unit hp, used to deal flat damage
- Troop Placement count is now capped at 35 > 35 > 25 > 20 in the order of Conquest > Duel > Battle > Raid
- Hellhound cost increased
- Gluttonous King cost increased
- Only 5 Gluttonous Kings can be placed per player
- Gluttonous King hp moderately reduced
- Gluttonous King now spawns 5 Bloated Corpses upon death, down from 9
- Hellspawn now only spawns 1 per team at a time
- Quad PVE health modifier increased
- Trio PVE health modifier increased
- Duo PVE health modifier increased
- Endless now has higher scaling enemies
- Special, Bosses, and Flying target filters now function properly and have been updated
- Potential Grove Warden crash fix, along with optimization to its code
- Other undocumented bug fixes
- Fjord map was darkened
1.1.21 Alpha (6/24/2021)
A small preliminary update leading up to a first ever skin update for Tower Defenders.
- SKINS OFFICIALLY COMING SOON
- New intro/menu + menu & shop music
Incoming Update (Not yet shipped to live)
1.1.4 Alpha (8/??/2021)
Archive (Old Updates)
1.1.2 Alpha (3/25/2021)
Big content update especially for PvE, which needed some loving.
- +2 NEW TOWERS!
- PvE REVAMPED
- +8 NEW ENEMIES!
- +6 NEW TROOPS!
- SMOOTH GRAPHICS FOR WEAK DEVICES
- Big balance pass
1.1.151 Alpha (2/12/2021)
Big fixes and small additions in this update for PVP.
Ranked PVP consolidated into regular PVP
New PVP Elo gain/lose indicator in arena
PVP Elo progression fixed
Small balance pass
Lots of content coming soon!
- Chad now has 420 health, up from 69
- Karen now has a much bigger bounding box, this will also help her aggro troops properly
- Lurker Armor is now 50, up from 0
- Hellspawn death explosion damage & radius significantly buffed
- Golem death animation should now play properly
1.1.15 Alpha (1/30/2021)
Ranked PVP was added, delivering a new competitive experience to the game. Players can now compete to prove their greater prowess over all others. And leaderboards were introduced for many categories so you can show off!
RANKED PVP MODE ADDED
Global Leaderboards added in Armory
Small balance pass & bugfixes
Karen tower/troop added
Lots of content coming soon!
- Easy mode is now twice as easy
- Normal mode is slightly easier
- Hard mode is slightly easier
- Voidlord duplicates faster but only 1 Voidlord can be placed per player
1.1.13 Alpha (1/27/2021)
A new boss for PvE, the gamemode hasn’t been forgotten! You can play against King Elric IV in any gamemode besides Easy mode.
Also some new maps for PvP to freshen up the scene. A new ability & a Cleanse ability rework.
- ‘Ashenvale’ PvP map added
- ‘Mournwood’ PvP map added
- ‘King Elric IV’ PvE boss added
- ‘Light Explosion’ magic damage ability added
- ‘Cleanse’ utility ability reworked
- Grove Warden Regrowth ability cooldown reduced to 1s, down from 4s
- Chad cost increased to 6.9k, up from 1
- Voidlord duplication ability cooldown is now 20s, down from 30s
- Warg speed reduced to 5, down from 7
- Warg attack speed reduced to 2s, up from 1s
- Warg health reduced to 1, down from 5
- Hellspawn death blast damage significantly increased
1.1.05 Alpha (1/22/2021)
A quick update to add a buncha new thangs for PvP! Also a few balance passes over the PvE scene.
- 3 New PvP maps
- 2 New PvP troops
- Helloc has made a return…
- Gold Mine is no longer affected by the gamemode gold modifier (gold mine earns much more in Hard/Legendary)
- Great Cannon damage significantly increased
- Astrapomancer Zap damage significantly reduced
- Hoplite attack speed is now 2, down from 4
- Crossbowman damage significantly increased
MEGA UPDATE 1.1.0 Alpha (1/19/2021)
Another mega update dropped, what a pleasant way to start the new year!
This update was monumental as another promised core gamemode was released; Player vs. Player! In this gamemode you buy Troops & Abilities in the lobby and then enter a PvP match. From there you choose a map and place down your troops in any fashion you desire! There are two (2) teams, yours, and your opponents. Get your oppositions health to zero (0) first and you win!
Along with PvP comes URF (Ultra Rapid Fire) and Legendary. Just incase you wanted to challenge yourself more!
Also some minor balance passes along with a Shard Squish. For reasons mentioned below.
“Thank you all so much for your support to Tower Defenders, be it through purchases, playing the game, etc. This game is mostly solo developed, I cannot thank you enough. This decision was made due to the unhealthy amount of hoarded Shards from content droughts / lack of currency pits. If you have over 2,500 shards your shard amount will be reduced by 90% (but will not go lower than 2,500. This is a one-time effect and I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you so much for playing Tower Defenders. Thank you, thank you, thank you.” - lysandr
URF Gamemode (Ultra Rapid Fire, basically speed of everything is significantly increased)
- 23 Troops added for PvP gamemode, along with 3 maps
Endless mode is now harder
Endless mode now earns less shards
Hard mode earns less shards (to balance for Legendary)
- Farm upgrade costs increased to 200k each level
Can no longer gain God of Death, God of Destruction, or God of Healing in according gamemodes as detailed in the achievements’ descriptions
Gold Mine now the gold it earns and the timer for the next gold generate