Town Defend [Dislikes Ratio]

Hi, I’ve been developing a game with a side developer for a few months now and put a lot of hard work into this project.
Game:
Town Defend - Roblox
Description
:japanese_ogre: Defend your town from waves of Monsters while upgrading different classes.
:100: Use Skill Points to Upgrade your class, unlock new Abilities, and Upgrade them.

The likes are 50%, but the dislikes are 50% as well, can anyone give me suggestions for the game besides updates that could help this?

I’ve put some of my own solutions into this, but have to head to work, so will reply once I am home from work.

Other threads I’ve read:
How much does a low like-dislike ratio impact game image? - Development Discussion - DevForum | Roblox

Getting alot of dislikes on game - Help and Feedback / Game Design Support - DevForum | Roblox

Just played and if I had to guess it might be an onboarding/balancing issue - when I spawned the game was at wave 22 and every single NPC was too powerful for me to kill.

1 Like

Combat is janky.

• Because enemies were often chasing players, and swinging my sword froze my character, it was difficult to hit them.
  • I once perceived that I couldn’t deal any damage to a bot at all until I died.
  • As a knight, archers often killed the same enemy I was fighting before I did, so it was difficult to gain experience.

It was unclear what my objectives were, or the enemy’s objectives. Why do I want to repair a building?

1 Like

I recommend not pausing the players whole movement when slashing the sword

2 Likes

Hey @0Zer0Her0, I love your style of game however, there are a few things I’d consider modifying to improve the player’s experience.

1. Spawn-killing - while I was still on the character select screen I was being attacked.
  2. Combat/Balancing - Combat for the character that wields the sword (forgot what it was called in-game) is a little annoying, imo the player’s movement is slowed too much during attacks. It’s a bit odd how his attacks are dramatically slower than his walk speed.
  3. Loading - The game took longer to load than it should’ve. I’m running a beefy machine with high speed internet. Maybe there’s some optimizing that can be made there?
  4. Direction - There’s no clear direction to the game. I was spawned in with enemy npc’s attacking me without a tutorial explaining anything. Explaining how leveling, upgrades, skins, etc. work would improve the end user’s experience.
  5. Strange collisions - Some models had strange collisions, it seems to be bad unions.

6. UI - The UI could take up a bit less space, especially the wave and kill streak UIs.

1 Like