Toya is hiring developers [closed]

EDIT: We filled the position. Thanks to everyone who gave us constructive comments and showed us some love :slight_smile: We promise to compose better hiring posts next time!

==========

Toya is hiring developers!

About Us

Hello! We are Toya, a small upcoming game development team. We’re looking for developers who are interested in working with us on our games!

We currently have builders, game designer and one developer and are looking to expand on the development part.

About The Job

We are looking for a professional and experienced Roblox developer to join our team. We expect high quality work done in a timely manner.

Requirements:

• Experienced Roblox developer
  • Can work at least 50% of the week or more.
  • 17 or older
  • Able to fluently communicate in English

Information on Toya:
http://www.toyaplay.com/about/

Payment

We will be paying market-standard fee on a per project basis. The fee will be set together with the developer according to project scope.

We will be working with a contract and paying real money, not Robux or percentage.

Contact Us

You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or via email info@toyaplay.com

You must be 17 years or older to apply.

Thanks for your interest!

10 Likes

edit: I spoke too soon, and I do not know what Roblox’s affiliation with Toya is. Here is more information about Toya from the website, though it might be beneficial if you gave more information about what this game is: http://www.toyaplay.com/about/

13 Likes

I had a feeling the replies to this thread would be embarrassing. Sorry this is your first glimpse of the Roblox developer community.

31 Likes

Yeah, sorry. I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but it does come off as ingenuine, and I know there are some concerns many of us have about Roblox sponsoring a team like this.

I’m sure it may be beneficial if more information were given about what the game actually is, and what Toya’s affiliation with Roblox is.

7 Likes

Sorry that people with other opinions are embarrassing.

Although I am also curious, what is this game going to be? If Toya is interested in helping young girls, what’s this game going to bring to the table? This is important information for any potential developer interested.

2 Likes

This is quite ambiguous (half the waking hours? 3.5 days??)!! Maybe writing an hour requirement would be more clear, more flexible too. Hourly contracts are a bit of a farce on Roblox though, when you sign someone in such an informal setting, giving deadlines is far better than giving hourly contracts.

You should probably put in the original post you’re a feminist group or whatever

Good luck!

3 Likes

I looked into Toya and noticed that your primary background is in making Minecraft games. I’m eerily reminded of the countless attempts by Minecraft YouTubers and network owners with no technical backgrounds to poach developers from the platform.

edit: this seems like a controversial comment. I’m always going to be against outside interests poaching young talent for personal gain. They are a business. Don’t forget that just because they have a pretty message.

Developers should be weary about accepting vague outside offers like these.

23 Likes

Additionally if anyone does consider accepting this job offering, I encourage you to prudently read the content of whatever contract is put in-front of you. These types of contracts are not just terms of service agreements that you can gloss over. Read carefully, especially with vague terms like “work 50% of the week”.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t really put it that way. I’ve never heard of Toya, like a majority of people on this thread. This is a professional developer forum and needs to be treated that way no matter who you are or what company you represent.

“We currently have builders, game designer and one developer”, Well a builder could also be classified as all of those positions… What does it mean that they have ‘one developer and one game designer’?

“Experienced Roblox developer” Experienced in what though? I could be on the platform for 10 years and super experienced in making desks… does that count?

“Can work at least 50% of the week or more.” Again, what does ‘50% of the week’ mean? 3.5 days? standard 8 hour work days? 18 hour work days??

All together this whole advert wasn’t properly filled out and is leaving out a lot of detail. It’s no surprise people are skeptical of joining in a random 3rd party group without knowing anything about them or the game being produced.

8 Likes

The description is way to vague.

I think the concept is good but the fact that you don’t consider builders as developers seems you don’t know much about the development platform.

Thanks but no thanks.

9 Likes

Would just like to remind everyone this is a thread from a real business who are hiring. Please try to keep it respectful; as most of you have pointed out- this is a professional environment.

9 Likes

Knowing what sort of game you would be making would be helpful.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Please do not veer off-topic. If you are not interested in (discussing) the opportunity, refrain from posting.

12 hours per day, all week would equal working half the week.

1 Like

First of I’d like to say how amazing that a professional business have came over to Roblox to give it a try.

But with something like this there’s always a lot questions to ask.
What sort of game would it be?
50% of the week is a lot, especially when almost everyone here is developing on their spare time. How many hours each day?
What will be unique with the game to meet your goal with your games?
What terms will have to sign under?

This is just few of all the questions, but I feel like it’s important to have answers if anyone is planning to apply.

5 Likes

50% of the week is a bit overboard, but I guess it does depend on the pay.

anyways, good luck with what you’re creating! it’s always a good thing to empower young girls, but the main question is, how?

how will the female audience be empowered by playing a game targeted towards the female gender? :thinking:

4 Likes

Would like to know more information about this, as it seems vague, like the others have stated. I think it’s pretty cool how other companies are taking an interest into Roblox and their developers. Hopefully we learn more about this.

1 Like

That’s 84 hours, a tad over double that of a full-time job. I doubt they meant it as that; maybe 3-4 days out of a week, as opposed to it based on a strict hourly basis.

Well it’s all we can presume as this post is very vague

Appologies if this is not clear, 50% week is a term broadly used in our domain to describe a position that is half of what is considered a full time position. So to translate it to weekly hours - if we take 40 weekly hours as a rough frame for a full time position then we are talking about around 20 weekly hour. Hope this clarifies it.

8 Likes