Trail Update (all platforms available)

This is amazing! Any idea on when this will be released?

Awesome! Looking forward to this

Missile trails :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Looks amazing

I’m asuming there will be an option to enable and disable it like current particle emitters.

1 Like

It would be good if that was the case. Having the option to edit it could be good too.

Will there be a way to make trails use additive blending?

3 Likes
9 Likes

@GuestCapone @buildthomas Now the trail is actually related to world positions of two Attachments. So new segment will be generated when the attachments moves. At most one new segment per frame.

@Roball1 @Ninja_Deer @ScriptOn I’m not sure about the release time. In one month I guess.

@gkku Edit: We will have LightEmission like ParticleEmitter.

15 Likes

Definitely what I was thinking! Will be using it for a whole bunch of games including a racing game!

1 Like

Best news ever!

So it works with CFrame updates? Awesome!

Would it perhaps be possible to add an :Emit()-like method to make it emit a new segment to the current position outside of this logic? One of the reasons why I supported this feature request a few weeks ago is because I wanted to be able to create multi-segment trails in a single frame (because I want to draw lines that don’t just go straight between point A and B in the trail). This would be useful for creating random lightning arc-like effects, to give an example (one segment per frame would not be enough to simulate lightning arcs in a nice way, they are meant to change completely every few frames).

1 Like

can you update the original post’s gifs with the NEW ROBLOX LOGO

5 Likes

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Will this be visible on all graphics levels?

2 Likes

I think the best way to do this is preparing several textures and change texture every frame.

Even if it’s a guess, it’s reassuring and great to hear about this. Thank you.

Will there be a build available on gametest or something to start messing with it soon? :pray:

3 Likes

awesome work!

Thanks for thinking along but that doesn’t really work out for what I’m trying to do. Though I guess what I’m suggesting is a little niche, so fair enough.