Trails do not render properly if rotated about an origin

As shown in the video below, the part is rotated via CFrame with the studio handles and with code. The studio handles work as expected, but the code one does not. Keep in mind that this only applies to rotations. Translations work as expected.

Here are where the attachments are:

As you can see, there is one attachment smack center about the rotation origin.

Expected behavior

The trail renders as expected, as shown in the video when manually rotated in studio.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

I tried a similar setup but my trail looks much more similar to the one produced by the script, even when using the Studio handle (video attached below)
If this is still happening, please provide a .rbxl reproduction file.

Notice how the trail on the tweened part looks different than than the trail moved by the studio draggers despite having the same setup. The tweened part only displays a flat image while the one that was dragged with the studio draggers was displayed normally:

The problem stems from the attachment being placed directly on the axis of rotation (in this case, the center of the part). A slight offset of the center attachment will fix this issue:

TrailRepro.rbxl (59.9 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the repro. This is actually a bug in our Trail code. I’ll keep you updated when we get the fix in