(Translating for free*) [ENG - PL] Kacper532's portfolio

Please keep in mind this is showcase. All of the questions please ask in a private conversation. Only opinions are welcome as comments :slight_smile:

About me

I’m a ROBLOX player since 2012, and I created an account in early 2013. I am on Roblox now for almost 12 years. I am from Poland, which can probably mean I understand my language well. I have been seriously developing since 2017. I might be sometimes writing Polish translations on #bulletin-board of some updates from #public. This can also be proof of my English proficiency.

My translations on #bulletin-board:

1. Beta. It’s for Everyone! - Translation 69
  2. There’s a new Robux icon! - Translation 44
  3. Introducing Our New Studio Logo! - Translation

Games I have translated:

Languages and why them?*

I can translate your games to both languages, Polish and English.

Why Polish?

• Polish is one of the most common languages in Roblox that players use to communicate with each other;
  • Most of polish players are children that are 8 - 14 years old and may have problem with English language;
  • Polish is finally a fully supported and recognized language by Roblox;
  • In any ways, translations can teach other people polish language.

My English level

I have been learning English since 2010. I can say that I have learned English as well by ROBLOX and similar games I used to play. My English level would be leveled at “C2 Proficient” according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), tested with EF SET. Below, here is something I know about English language:

• I can understand a wide range of more demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning
    in them.
  • I can express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for the
    right expression.
  • I can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
    I can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing correct
    use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.

Why Me?

As I stated previously, I am translating stuff vernacular, which isn’t common in translations. I also have a proofreader, so my translations should be correct in Polish language and won’t have any polish grammar mistakes.

• I have a proofreader.
  • I am responsible for my translations, either I translated them or did something wrong with them.
  • I am translating whenever I am available, mainly on weekends.
  • I am using a dictionary or translator to check any words to make them vernacular and clear in Polish.
  • I have translated over 8 games,
  • I am always checking translations later in the game,
  • My English level would be leveled at “C2 Proficient” according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), tested with EF SET,
  • I am translating games for free with a low income!

Payment and contact*

I am only translating games for free that earn less than 100K robux a month. You can pay me in robux (only group funds) or via PayPal (USD). Payment is negiotable and it depends on your monthly earnings. You may contant me via DevForum, Discord or Twitter. Average prices:

• String: 50 R$ or 0.18$
  • Product cell: 80R$ or 0.28$
  • Game description: 50 x amount words translated to polish R$ or total of 5$ via PayPal

Discord: ziki2321
Twitter: @OneWayToHades
Roblox: kacper532

FAQ:

• Q1: Why are you translating for free?
  • A1: I am not only on this platform to earn robux, neither I am not translating some really formal or important files/documents. It is just my passion to translate or just help other people. As stated, it depends on your game earnings.
  • Q2: What’s your English level/status?
  • A2: According to EF SET, my English level would be C2, the highest English level according to CEFR. Soon, instead of EF SET I will try to complete CAE (C1) which means more to me. If needed, I can show you my EF SET certificate with blurred surname.
  • Q3: What have you translated yet?
  • A3: I have translated formal texts, 8 games and also some texts from #public to #bulletin-board
  • Q4: I can’t reach your discord or twitter. What should I do?
  • A4: Even this question can be easy to answer, there can always be some malfunctions in understanding this topic. You can simply DM me on devforum and together we will solve this problem.
  • Q5: Can I test you with some random texts so I will prove that you are a ‘good and honest translator’?
  • A5: I was fooled with this once, although I don’t understand the word ‘test’. You can’t really test me or other translators with such ‘tests’, unless you know something basic about the language. Even though I am translating for free, I won’t do any tests. I think proof is already made by translating texts and games.
  • Q6: When is the best situation to hire you and translate my game?
  • A6: This question can be a bit confusing. You can hire me anytimes, but I prefer it when the game is quite popular and has at least 500+ players a day.
  • Q7: When I should not hire you?
  • A7: It’s all up to you. I don’t force anyone to hire me etc. Although, I don’t want to be hired if you don’t know what I should do in your team, when you know you are really offensive, can’t communicate well. I had one situation here which was really annoying.
  • Q8: Are you the best translator on the market?
  • A8: I call myself a best translator because I am one of the (Polish) translators that don’t translate stuff stiltedly. Poles almost always talk in vernacular (almost never formal way) and this is important about our language and culture.

Didn’t find your question? Ask me privately and I’ll add it here!

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Good translator, very useful and quick at responding.

2 Likes