Transylvanian Village

Currently just a few houses, i’m planning to expand it. The architecture is specific to the Transylvanian Saxons/ Saschen. It’s a style mostly found in the southern half of Transylvania.

27 Likes

I think it’s really nice! Much better than what I could do!

Perhaps add some more terrain editing; pebbles or bumps in the road and surrounding area ect.
Maybe also add some decorations to the walls, like hanging plants, or some ascetic damage.

These are suggestions, and it looks really good right now too! :grin:

~ AridOats.

2 Likes

Here is another picture.

6 Likes

It’s supposed to be quite autumnal, but i guess that some flowers could look good. The terrain is not finished yet, i will surround the area in some hills, some fields and orchards- overall an agricultural landscape.

1 Like

It looks really great. The environment entails it as a horror game

1 Like

It’s really not supposed to be horror, i know that Transylvania is usually associated with Dracula, vampires and halloween, but beyond all these myths, it’s an area with an extremely rich cultural heritage from various peoples who inhabited or still inhabit it, such as Romanians, Hungarians/Szekelys, Transylvanian Saxons, Romani people and many others.

2 Likes

This looks great, but perhaps add in some post-processing effects.

DepthOfField and ColorCorrection could make it better. Aswell as some modification to your sunrays.

1 Like

What type of game are you trying to make?

It’d also be cool if you slightly grew the terrain grass outside of the pathway, that’d improve the nature in my opinion.

I think that it’s too flat at the moment.

1 Like

Pretty much a cultural showcase, i am building using the actual architecture of the area.

2 Likes

You are doing a good job! That’s exactly how a country house is supposed to look like. I know because I live in Transylvania

1 Like

That’s awesome, i live in Southern Romania but Transylvania is by far my favorite area in the country.

2 Likes

I’m glad you like Transylvania!

1 Like

My main inspirations for the village were the following: the town of Prejmer, Brasov; the town of Cristian, Brasov, some small villages in southern Mures county, as well as areas in Northern Sibiu. That is overall the Saxon-influenced area, but i searched for references from the whole area. Nonetheless, my main inspiration was Prejmer.

2 Likes

Heya flor, the houses looks pretty good! I wouldn’t change a thing bout the build (although that’s probably because I cant build as good as you)

edit: as another note, this puts all my builds to shame! WOW!!

1 Like

This looks absolutely amazing. Maybe consider adding a couple of lights outside the gates and inside the buildings. It almost looks abandoned in this setting. Regardless, you did a wonderful job.

1 Like

Amazing job there I would make the grass slightly greener but other that that amazing

1 Like

All I can say is, WOW. It’s very nice.

1 Like

It’s supposed to look quite gloomy and calm, even abandoned. I will probably hide some old pictures and letters somewhere, to make it look like a place frozen in time.

1 Like

This village is quite amazing for a multitude of reasons. Every single house is made to be as accurate to real life as possible; using images of existing houses to craft something that could exist in south Transylvania.

He’s spent a long time making every house with unions- and finely tuning each color palette until it looks exactly like what he wanted to in his mind.

The trees perfectly fit the autumn theme, he’s historically accurate, even the lighting is top-notch.

His builds always blow me away! Props to you.

5 Likes