Tree Texture Gets Ruined At a Distance

I am currently working on a pretty realistic game and this is something that’s killing the effect. I have these tree models that were part of a map-making commission I paid for and to no fault of the map maker when you get at a short distance of the tree, the tree goes from this:

to this:
and my graphics are maxed as usual:

I have the render fidelity set to performance because on automatic it looks off and on precise I doubt any Roblox player would have a strong enough computer to play the game since it has thousands of trees and lags my higher-end computer to around 20fps.
If you know what Im doing wrong, or how I could fix this please let me know! Also preferably I would like to have it so if you are facing the tree and it’s within a certain distance that I can change, then it can be either on precise or performance.

2 Likes

Change renderfedelity to automatic or precise

I said in my post the reasons why I can’t do that…

I think you will have to have to code LOD as there looks to be a ton of trees. Use magnitude to determine distance from trees and dynamically switch to lower quality ones the farther you are

Unfortunately you cannot change the renderfidelity within a script. I’m unsure why this is a thing but it is…

You will probably have to switch them out for lower quality models then

Hmm… that might be worth trying. But wouldn’t it effectively double every part in the game?

You could probably clone the models in from replicated storage when you need them

Why dont u try automatic renderfedelity and try up ways to overcome performance like collisionfedility

If that is the case but haven’t u used same tree models and texture. It ll increase performance

for some reason Automatic looks kind of strange. the transparency gets messed up there for some reason. and collision fidelity is very important for our game. we’ve even considered moving to a different platform due to Roblox’s horrible collisions.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? I’m confused as to what your trying to say.

If this was a rendering issue, go to studio settings in file, click that and go to rendering, And then click GraphicsMode, set that to the highest level possible.

already did that.

(so I can hit character limit)