Tripling Premium Payouts

3x Premium payouts sounds great, but will DevEx be increased eventually? Because DevEx is the main source of income for a developer and yet it seems to not have moved over the past 3 years I think. There are tierless payouts but without the DevEx rate adjusting to the inflation, it will become harder and harder to pay if you keep getting the same amount of money.

3 Likes

GreatđŸ€© so premium payouts is one of the best updates ever

Brilliant job, very nice Roblox.

Thank you! This is a great update and will probably help alot of devs out there with families and all that stuff!

This is great, it’ll definitely help stabilise at least a somewhat decent form of revenue without even having monetization in-game.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if there’s 3x Premium payouts, isn’t there 3x more income that can be DevEx-ed?
It’s only for premium payouts
Still a cool update!

3 Likes

This is very generous for people who financially rely on Roblox as their main source of income!

2 Likes

Not really, 3x Premium payouts only means you get 3x the amount you would’ve gotten from premium payouts in the first place.

To most developers, it’s still only a small fraction compared to the revenue generated by dev products and gamepasses.

2 Likes

Oh yea, is premium payouts just money from Roblox Premium users staying in your game?

1 Like

Well the more robux you get the more devex you get so you are getting more.

3 Likes

Yes so it’s the duration of premium players in your games which give you a bonus at the end of the month.

2 Likes

40,000 to 70,000 visits per day and 300-600 concurrents

I added premium benefits, a premium logo on the top right of the game icon. I even added a billboard to buy premium in the lobby to increase my projected payout.

1,000 Robux is a 1.5% increase of my monthly revenue.

Which is nowhere close to worth it for a small developer but i can see it having an affect on big games like adopt me.

Tripling Premium payouts only really affects games that has large communities of premium players. Games like mine has a community of 13 and under which statistically buy premium and robux less. So theoretically you only increased pay of some developers only increasing Devex can affect us all.

5 Likes

It’s simple knowledge that if you are more successful the more you should be making, premium payouts hardly even dent of what could be real life bills. My idea of DevEx rates being increased is that because many countries are now giving a pandemic payout to it’s citizens, they are bringing money out of nowhere and devaluing the currency they already use. It’s simple inflation, the more of something you have will decrease it’s value. USD$350 3 years ago to today have different values and the fact is if you make the same amount of money constantly, you are losing money. Premium payouts don’t give the an edge over inflation as you get an extra $20-$50 a month if you are a successful dev. DevEx needs to accomodate inflation or atleast raise the payout per R$100k. Premium payouts need to have big/large communities just to earn the money and it’s hardly anything.

6 Likes

This is a really good feature and the right time too, Roblox is always there to help out families and always tries to help people with financial support!

Thank you again! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

well tripling DevEx would be relay expensive I don’t think roblox would do that

3 Likes

I never said tripling DevEx
 I said because there is a pandemic going on and currency is being devalued, DevEx should be raised
 I never mentioned how much.

1 Like

Great! Even though I don’t use premium payouts.

1 Like

Will the payouts show on the graph as X3 higher or only X1 and then it’s tripled?

1 Like

Currency is not being valued to that extent, nor should it at all be a reason for roblox to raise the devex rates.

2 Likes

premium payout does not depend on how many visitors you got. it depends on how long premium players stay in your game than others.

Either you’re not getting enough premium players or that your game is not liked among premium players.

3 Likes