Trouble With Custom Rig Model

Over the past couple of months I have been experimenting with custom rigs and animations. But I always run into one problem, the animator will not let me add the parts of the custom rig to the actual keyframes so I can’t make an animation.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Here is what it looks like inside the custom rig.

I’ve rigged it, and set the primary part to the humanoid root part, but when I go to the animator, it doesn’t place the parts on the actual keyframes when I click add all under the plus button, nor does it do that with any part like it usually does.

Personally I have looked up multiple articles about this issue and I haven’t found anything to help me, so I am sorry if this is on here or somewhere else.

I am not asking for a tutorial, but help?

Thanks for reading!

(Not sure if this is the right place for this topic)

1 Like

I’m not personally too experienced with rigs, however there is a tutorial thats pretty detailed to some extent. Hopefully this can help you >

2 Likes

Hello there!

I’ve been doing a lot of custom rig work recently and in this situation, many things can be causing this problem. One very common reason for this Is if the model and/or HumanoidRootPart happens to be anchored; in order for animations to work, the model does not need to be anchored, so just make sure about that

Another reason could be incorrect Motor6D welds. In order for the animation to work, you need it to be HumanoidRootPart > Torso, and then Torso > Torso1. And then either torsos’ to the legs and head(s) connected to them.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found this tutorial for you. Looks like its doing the same thing you are trying to do so hope it helps.

1 Like

This helped a lot actually! I found out what was wrong, I was moving the parts of the rig AFTER rigging it and it caused it to delete the binds, so the HRP wasn’t connected with the rig.