Truss Controlling

As a Roblox Developer & Avid Platformer, I’d love for trusses to have more control to them, as it’s hard to do any kind of obstacles with them that aren’t full on just going up and down / rotating camera 180 degrees after jumping to reach another truss directly in front of the first one.

Currently I think the Truss control depends on your camera position & WASD, but A & D are just other buttons for W & S, so you can only go up & down on trusses. It’d be a lot more interesting & a lot better in many ways for us to be able to go to left & right as well with A & D, it’d give more control on trusses & I think overall it’d lead to better gameplay & freedom for Developers to do more.

Thanks for your time & sorry if this has already been here, I tried to look up stuff but didn’t find anything that’s suggesting this.

33 Likes

so much support i love trusses they need more features

6 Likes

Support! Also, has anyone else noticed that it’s basically impossible to climb down a truss backwards?

3 Likes

Omg yes. I played this game where you have to climb down a truss ladder, but I fell and they have fall damage so I instantly died. I agree with this!

3 Likes

coughPrison Royalecough

1 Like

Many more gameplay ideas could be explored if trusses let you climb sideways, first thing that hits my mind is a rockwall climbing game.

3 Likes

This would be amazing, especially if trusses can be interacted with despite having some kind of angle that would normally cause the character to fall. It’d be amazing if your character could climb upside down so long as they’re connected to the truss. I know it’s a bit of a necro but this idea deserves publicity!

1 Like