TweenSequence Editor

It’s one of the best things I’ve seen in Roblocks. Brush tool, and this thing. It’s just top notch. It has to come with roblox studio and the good life and candy bar. :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Second day using the plugin. It’s great.
Very much missing the recommendation window. Well, or some kind of autocomplete.
Sketched a design, simple and in the style of roblox studio. Is there anything I can do to help develop the plugin? I can make up some kind of window.

6 Likes

I wrote an autocomplete module. It is very lacking. Will it be useful?
https://gyazo.com/661c3aa275d90c8efea4b0ae59f70218

Can’t move animated model but the model get back to original annimation position

This is the intended behavior.

1 Like

Mm I think you actually could use CFrame calculations alongside tweens based on what this post says:

It would be really great if you could implent this within your plugin.

You need to require the module with a path such as:

local foo = require(script.parent.Animator)

And then play it by using “:Play()”:

foo.BlockAnimation:Play()

And in this case the animation is named “BlockAnimation”.

1 Like

I need this to, may someone answer this? Please

Actually i have solve how to add keyframe etc its just like you are creating a tween you need to add which property you are gonna be tweening like if i want to put a keyframe for size i press add property and put size there which i now have a keyframe for size

1 Like

Question: How are you supposed to animate C0s/C1s on Welds/ManualWelds?

For the specific use case of dealing with welds like that, I would recommend just replacing your Welds with Motor6Ds and using the default Roblox animation system. This plugin is designed to cover all the use cases the default animation system can’t, but what you’re describing is a perfect case for the regular animation editor.

2 Likes

Here’s a problem:
Let’s say I want to create an appealing script for let’s say, a script builder, which coincidentally is the setting for what I want to do.

Unless the owner of said game got my animation on the library, the animation wouldn’t work.

But the Motor6D idea does sound like a good idea.

1 Like

The best you can do if you want to edit those properties in the TweenSequence Editor is to either find a plugin that lets you easily modify those values with handles, or edit those values yourself using the command bar.

You could try converting the Welds to Motor6Ds, tracking the “Transform” property, and then using a tool like the Animation Editor to modify the Transform property. I’m not sure this would work though, because the default built-in Animation Editor resets the Transforms to default when you close it (which is intended behavior so that it doesn’t destroy your rigs) and if the TweenSequence Editor is still tracking that property, it will track those resets and pretend like you never modified the values at all.

If I were to give the TweenSequence Editor another pass (and I will at some point), I guess there ought to be a way to convert default animations to TSE Tweens.

2 Likes

By the way, if you’re working in a script builder, TweenSequence Editor animations won’t work anyway, because they rely on the TweenSequenceUtils folder to be in ReplicatedStorage, which is something the dev has to do themselves.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

But now I realise what I need isn’t TweenSequence related.

Thank you for the help and I bid you farewell and good night.

2 Likes

Do you think about making improvements to this plugin? it really is very good but kinda buggy

1 Like

You know its good when Stickmasterluke liked it.

2 Likes

For some reason it literally doesn’t work at all. I tried using it like Roblox’s animator thing but it won’t work!

Could there be a scroll bar at the bottom as another way to do that? It would be convenient for people with broken middle mouse buttons. Having to zoom out to view larger animations can get really annoying. Otherwise, this plugin is great!

This plugin don’t wanna animation Frame ):