TweenSequence Editor

Yes, you can definitely do that with this plugin. You’ll essentially make two different tweens, then connect them to the pressed events of the buttons.

3 Likes

Is it just me or are the keyframes not being added?
https://gyazo.com/ceaf2970b219d4ff0fe0d4fe710530bc

3 Likes

Is for me too, I’ve tried to animate but it didn’t work.

2 Likes

You have to track a property in order for keyframes to be added. Click the plus icon, then type CFrame and press Enter to track the CFrame property. Then, dragging around the part will make keyframes.

3 Likes

You will know you tracked a property correctly when it adds a keyframe at time 0 for the current value of that property.

3 Likes

Works for specific parts but is it possible to track the CFrame of a model?

Currently getting this as an issue:

Everytime i close and open it, it get’s progressively worse.
There is no errors in output.

1 Like

I’m having that issue as well. The only fix I can suggest for right now is just restarting Roblox Studio.

3 Likes

Would be cool if this worked with properties “relative” to the object, so that the tween could be moved to any other object, doing the tween with whatever property it currently has. For example, when creating a tween with a part cframe, instead of straight up logging the cframes, log them relatively so that you can apply it to other parts, no matter their CFrame. For example, set cframe to cframe * blah blah… not just set cframe to this cframe from this one predetermined cframe you did in the editor. Hope this makes sense haha :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah, same here.
You can fix that though yourself in the code that’s generated.
:man_shrugging:

You can get this to kind-of work if you use attachments and set the cframes of the attachments using the editor. The limitation of this is that the animator script that is exported uses TweenService under the hood, which does not inherently work relative to parts. I could make it run off of a loop or similar instead of using TweenService, which might be what I do next. Essentially creating a Lua animator.

Will there be support for moving and rotating entire models with a single key frame in the future?

Edit: I am making a train and I wanted to know is there a way to make it go at a constant speed?

2 Likes

This is a GREAT plugin and I love it. The only thing is, when I use it for a loading screen (game.ReplicatedFirst:RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen()), it works in studio but not in the main game. Is this a bug or just something that cannot be done?

3 Likes

What script would I put a play script in? I just have a normal script in a GUI, and this is the script I have:
local animator = require(root.Animator)
animator.ShopAnimation:Loop()
This script has no other script in it. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

You can put the local script anywhere, as long as you replace “root” with the path to the actual Animator ModuleScript instance.

1 Like

Your plugin is very broken

Is there by chance you will fix these bugs? They are very annoying, and often breaks my GUI’s Animator Module.

Can you show me what the plugin widget looks like when you get these errors and the model you are using the plugin on that is producing these errors? It looks like you may have modified the model after creating tweens for it without having the editor open, so it is looking for instances that no longer exist.
Once you use the editor on a model, you can’t modify the animated parts of that model anymore or the editor will stop working for it (unless the editor is open while you modify it).

I’m pretty sure that broke because the animator still thought i was animating it, even though i had it closed and i was just working on my GUI

One thing i don’t like is that you have to stretch the window to fit more keyframes which gets really annoying. But great plugin it’s pretty much an animation editor, but not restricted to characters.

You can zoom out on the timeline by scrolling with the mouse wheel, and drag it left and right by holding the middle mouse button.

1 Like