[Type]Object Replication Rate 60Hz?

Hello, I am under the impression that Roblox replicates changes to the client at a rate of 20Hz. In order to take advantage of the queueing system, I wrote a test script to fire off a change to a [Type]Value object on the server stepped event. However, to my surprise, the client receives every change made during the server update. Sending all 60 updates to the client each second. I haven’t seen any updates to the replication rate and was under the impression that the client should only be receiving about every third update. Has there been a change to the replication rate or is this something else?

If I perform multiple changes per stepped execution it performs as expected by sending only the most recent change by the end of the function.

When was this changed? As far as I know there haven’t been any updates to this…

It’s been my understanding that each change to the ValueBase’s Value is cached by the end of each frame. This cache will then be sent usually every 3 frames to the client (20 hz). That is, all of the cached changes since the last replication will be sent to the client.

Not only will the changes be carried out in order, they will be carried out at the correct times relative to other changes that are happening in the game.

This is extremely interesting. I previously had a script that relied on this kind of Value Instance behavior, I’ll let you know if I see noticeable improvement.