UGC Catalog is Now Live!

Currently, I am pretty sure that only certain countries can be allowed in the UGC program.
As looking on Twitter, I am seeing that is this only available to other countries and not ones like North America, will that change?

2 Likes

That’s weird, I would imagine UGC would be available in all country’s, but I saw that to so Idk.

2 Likes

Twitter is, generally, not a reliable source.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with this. The UGC program is basically a program for close friends. It’s absolutely unfair to those with actual talent, that random people get invited just for being friends-of-friends.

3 Likes

The program is still in beta. It will be expanded once they’ve been able to deal with some of the infamous flaws with the program.

2 Likes

Wrong thread, try this one: Show Off Your UGC Creations

2 Likes

Honey that’s the point of Closed Beta. It’s supposed to be closed. They don’t want random people using it. As they don’t have trust with random people.

5 Likes

I don’t understand how roblox even approves some of these hats

copy1

real1

You’re practically making a very sought after item become purchasable

6 Likes

No? It’s not the same colour and it has a different colour band, so I don’t see how that’s a direct copy of the Roblox hat you mentioned. Plus, the mesh is completely different.

6 Likes

I’m going to have to agree. Was it inspired by the WBRTH? Probably, but it’s not a direct rip off. There is enough of a difference to make it its own hat without the UGC mods needing to decline it.

5 Likes

Here’s a random red top hat I found on the web. Should note that it’s not even close to being similar to the WBRTH, given the lack of a white band (which is the hats definining feature).

5 Likes

And by now, it’s already made the history of ROBLOX.

1 Like

No, the UGC one had lighter red band, the color RED, larger, no reflection. Different mesh, different colors.

1 Like

Being in “beta” isn’t an excuse for repeating the same mistake.
Roblox removed the nominations process from applying to the dev forum due to the controversy surrounding favoritism within the voters.

They then made the galaxy brained decision to bring back the flawed nominations process, only to have the same flaws resurface again.

They learned nothing.

14 Likes

Is this still only available to people in Europe, and others not including NA. I think that is what I see. I’ve seen a few videos now and I’ve seen some things like: Since there is UGC and there in it, there friends gets to come in unlike the others who deserve the credit and to be in UGC.

3 Likes

This isn’t exactly a rip off of an existing item but its clearly just an excuse for these UGC creators to make faces.

This new “trend” in UGC is pretty dumb in my opinion, as well as the “cartoony rainbow head” having an outline (another UGC “trend” that I think is dumb) it has eyes which at first glance makes it look just like a face.
These are similar:

4 Likes

… how is that bad?

4 Likes

But… some roblox hats had faces too?

1 Like

Indeed they did, but (this is mainly in the first hat I showed) it uses the original head mesh and just puts some eyes and an outline on it. Because UGC creators can’t make faces they are making stuff like this instead. There’s probably a reason they aren’t allowed to make their own faces and yet those hats are being made.

3 Likes

I mean there’s no problem with it.

3 Likes