UGC Catalog is Now Live!

AND to top that off the person made a lot of USD worth of Robux from that item.

1 Like

Why are there so many star creators in the UGC program? Most of them don’t even know how to model, they let other people do it for them. I think this is pretty unfair for the people who are actually talented and are still not in the program.

18 Likes

Do you need premium to make ugc?

3 Likes

about a year later, we now see why ugc has been a terrible idea, the catalog is being spammed with low-effort copy-paste hats that just make idiotic amounts of robux for virtually no effort, most of those people are not even the original creators of the meshes they upload…

2 Likes

You can’t really blame them for making low effort items when people buy them. The question isn’t how are they making so much money. It’s why are people buying it.

Also I’ve stated this before. Roblox doesnt own copyright over tophats. @Revocial

2 Likes

Actually ive seen a lot of original content. Like hair and tophats.

4 Likes

I disagree, I feel that there are a lot of original items on the catalog, and since the UGC creators have better connection with the community, we see hats we like and wan’t more.

3 Likes

Star creators follow different rules and are added seperately. Star creators being added doesn’t take up “slots” for potential actual modelers.

It’s a blatant lie and extremely unfair to say this. There’s cases where people reuse unoriginal meshes or even singular cases where the creators don’t have rights to the meshes, but the vast majority of uploads are original creations made for the purpose of getting uploaded to the UGC accessory catalog.

3 Likes

You gotta post your things to be seen I think?

But either way I think they are opening up actual applications in a couple months.

3 Likes

If the market wants it, what’s the issue with creating it?

7 Likes

Because a select few people are making a huge profit off of 3d modeling that requires little to no effort, while actual talented creators aren’t getting this opportunity.

2 Likes

Except to some, UGC is a job. There’s literally nothing wrong with targeting that area of the market and making those hats. It’s the players who want it after all.

And you act like these types of hats are the only assets being created. Look at IDontHaveAUse, he put out the cube and such but has an incredible lineup of work such as this.

4 Likes

They are able to make a huge profit since they hold a monopoly on the market.

Remember, UGC program members have a say in who gets into the program via the nominations process.

2 Likes

Huh, does this mean that the application process is not happening?
“when or IF” implies that it isn’t.

2 Likes

There’s the possibility they weren’t 100% certain it was happening, so they just said “if” in order to prevent people from quoting them in the future.

1 Like

That isn’t a good sign.
If they aren’t doing an application, does that mean going back to the nomination process :nauseated_face:

1 Like

WHY JUST WHY The Sphere - Roblox

ITS LITERALLY 5000 ROBUX

i am mad

3 Likes

if you dont like it, dont buy it? your argument is like trying to argue a developer shouldnt be allowed to make a ‘gold nametag’ pass 5,000 robux.

4 Likes

The difference being that making a 5000 rbx gold nametag pass is not restricted to “influencers” and a seemingly arbitrary select few other people. There are plenty of actual modelers here who would love to add things that have some actual thought and quality put into them instead of “Reused Asset But With a Rainbow Outline #243” or “Ironically (but not really that ironic) Low Effort Shape” or “Old Model I Had Laying Around But Scaled Up So It’s Definitely a Costume I Swear”.

For a lot of modelers, the opportunity to be able to put their 3D cosmetics on the Roblox catalogue is an incredibly exciting and enticing one, so it’s very discouraging to see a huge number of factory made, copy-pasted, low effort absolute garbage filling it up. That, and this program has been out for over a year now with barely any communication or updates.

We’ve had this carrot on a stick dangling above us for quite a while now and there’s no sign of the situation changing, but a lot of us still hope.

12 Likes

Finally! This is insane! Roblox is becoming the best developing platform if it is not yet

3 Likes