UGC items STILL do not get automatically added to the creator's inventory when uploaded to a group

EDIT: THIS ISSUE GOT WORSE, PLEASE SEE THE NEW REPORT INSTEAD.

Reproduction Steps

We still don’t know the cause, but this occurs when uploading a UGC item to a group.

This is the same bug as reported in the following topic. It was allegedly fixed, but the fix didn’t stick or never worked to begin with:
UGC items Completely Disappearing when Uploading to a Group

Expected Behavior

UGC items uploaded to a group should automatically appear in the uploader’s inventory. They, however, currently don’t.

Actual Behavior

The items never appear in the uploader’s inventory and the uploader has to buy the item themselves.
See the previous topic on this same issue for more info: UGC items Completely Disappearing when Uploading to a Group

Workaround

Users can upload the item to their profile, but this is super tedious and annoying to those who want to keep their items all in one easy-to-find place like a group, and for those who upload items to groups as part of collaborations.

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-30 00:09:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-17 00:10:00 (-05:00)

10 Likes

Bump!
I am still experiencing this issue when uploading UGC assets to my group. I have tried disabling all my browser plugins and then uploading to see if that’d do anything but the issue still persisted.

The item is uploaded to a group, on sale but it is not in my inventory.

(The asset is uploaded to a group called @Phirsts clarifying because user links usually have @'s infront of them.)

2 Likes

btw since this issue got worse (began affecting classic clothes too) ive made a new report.

2 Likes

Closing out this ticket because it’s a duplicate to this one!