UGC and clothing assets uploaded to a group continue to not appear in the creator's inventory automatically

Reproduction Steps

Continuation of these two topics on the same issue:

This issue has since expanded to classic clothing, not just UGC items. For this reason I’m raising the impact level as it now affects many more creators.

This bug was supposedly fixed but reverted in less than 3 days.

Uploading UGC or classic clothing assets to a group causes the uploader of the asset to not automatically receive the item, and it does not appear in their inventory automatically.

Expected Behavior

Uploaded assets automatically appear in the uploader’s inventory without need for buying the asset themselves.

Actual Behavior

Uploaded assets do not automatically appear in the uploader’s inventory.

Workaround

The only current workaround is the buy the asset (effectively buying it “again”, as these have upload fees) from the group page, develop page, or by searching for it in the catalog manually.

This is incredibly infuriating for creators however and many have resorted to not uploading assets to their group at all, and instead uploading to their own profiles, where they receive the item automatically like normal.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-24 00:09:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-25 02:10:00 (-05:00)

32 Likes

got this with classic clothing

6 Likes

I experienced this issue with classic clothing

5 Likes

I am experiencing this with classing clothing too, and have been for a few days now. Many people are worried this isn’t a bug. I hope this gets resolved soon. I don’t want to have to pay to upload my clothes and then pay to have them in my inventory. It truly discourages uploading any sorts of clothing items right now. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

5 Likes

Still experiencing this issue when uploading UGC items to my group, this really inconveniences me because I already have to pay 750R$ to upload items to my group… having to pay again just to own it is really unfair and feels like a predatory decision if it was done intentionally.

12 Likes

Figured I’d bump this since it’s STILL an issue and I’m hoping its just a bug and not intentional. Otherwise, it costs 15 robux to both upload AND buy the clothing you just made for a group.

5 Likes

And the prices become even more insane for us UGC makers. Our 750 upload fee plus whatever we charge for it, and we only get a small percentage of the cut. Say you upload back items, which have a minimum fee of 100, you’re paying 850 total MINIMUM for your OWN back item.

6 Likes

Thanks. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

12 Likes

Still experiencing this with my accessory uploads, hopefully this can be resolved soon!

7 Likes

I’m still experiencing this issue too, however, it looks like every so often one of the clothing items uploaded will appear in my inventory and I won’t have to buy it. Still very rare though. Thanks for helping us out!

6 Likes

Apologies for the very late reply. This was addressed shortly after this thread was brought up, so thank you for bringing this to our attention - creators have been getting copies of their assets when uploaded to a group for some time now! :smiley:

6 Likes