UGC Program: Expanding Creation and Monetization with Avatar Bodies and Heads

Lame. The corporation preaches that “being anything” matters yet proceed to restrict a core part of user customization by not allowing UGC creators to create static faces, one that no one has problems with and that the grand majority of the Roblox platform uses.

The again, it seems like “dynamic faces” must be the future, even in its current state we get blatant nightmare fuel like this:

17 Likes

I would say its kind of common for people to use r15. maybe not 98%. ive been in a lot of r15 and r6 games or even just seeing peoples avatar profiles. I would say 40% of them seem to be r6. And 60% seem to be r15.

Not exact this is just from my findings. Roblox should respect both though. But I can understand why they like r15 better. You can just do way more with it, and its less outdated.

4 Likes

I don’t think so, roblox give out free 3d heads for people who own classic faces

4 Likes

Its nice that roblox let people upload bodies/heads but plz add quality filter.
But i think roblox are making this update so they dont need to publish new bundles.
I miss those times when roblox had official events

4 Likes

Roblox is killing limiteds rn, adding trade hold, letting people add fake limiteds as ugc, and not releasing new limiteds.

8 Likes

Pretty sure in one of the earlier announcements of layered items they included that they want layered facial hair and makeup in the future that is sold sepreately for bodies. I wish this feature was included with this update though.

6 Likes

Does this mean that R6 will be removed in the near future?

6 Likes

I have a bad feeling about this…

7 Likes

they just said they are giving the ugc creators the ability to make ugc heads and bodys.

I dont think they ever stated they will be removing r6.

5 Likes

You aren’t meant to use the avatar bald without hair or hats

4 Likes

It being bald is not the sole contributor of it being its nightmare fuel, otherwise I wouldn’t have said anything. Does it contribute to it a little? Sure, but that is not the point of why I consider it as nightmare fuel. Rthro already looks & feels out of place on Roblox with the exception of a small assortment of bundles, and so far from what I have seen, the issue is just made worse with dynamic faces being used.

I get it, Roblox has to evolve their style, and it can work (R15 for example, I know some people disliked it but I think it was solid!). But I think the way they’re going about it the past few months with dynamic faces is not the way to go.

I would have less of a problem with all of this if Roblox did not phase out classic faces like this and expect the audience to embrace this as the new norm.

8 Likes

STOP IT. STOP. DOING. THIS.

Bloxxy mother of Builderman, who in their right mind thinks that these animated faces are at all in any way “immersive and engaging?” The demons who I assume you used as your drawing reference? These faces are less canny than perishable food! Get your “DyNaMiC” head out of the gutter and face a reality check.

18 Likes

that’s because theyre replacing all 2d faces with 3d recreations. that’s why all 2d faces give you the 3d version

5 Likes

although it would be cool to have 2d faces.

Saying that ALL these faces that will come out in the future is very unfair.

I bet there will be great dynamic faces. as well as bad ones. the ones we have right now are not to bad (and i mean the more classic style not human)

I think 2d faces would be nice but you have to say that having dynamic faces does higher the barrier of entry and means that someone who knows how to rig up character faces MIGHT have a higher chance of making a higher quality product.

Vs if someone had to make a 2d face it could just be smile.png and be made in ms paint.
(Not saying that 2d art takes less effort.)

(Although we already have cases this being the case in ugc hats ect… it at least lowers the amount i guess.)

5 Likes

Can we get an estimate of when we can use/buy layered decorations on avatars? I haven’t seen that on any of the roadmaps but maybe i missed it.

6 Likes

yeah its gonna be fun to watch the ugc program spiral even deeper than it already is into pure HELL

5 Likes

honestly im sorry but i wonder if the roblox devs realize very few people want to look like real humans inside roblox. the community was upset when rthro was made, but since then even rthro is preferable over what theyre doing now with all this “metaverse” nonsense. i miss old roblox…

8 Likes

yeah that was my exact thought, roblox is gonna have to work really hard to prevent people from uploading… uh… reproductive organs or stuff like that (I tried to sugarcoat it in the best way I could while keeping it clear what im referring to)

5 Likes

someone will definitely try to make headless or korblox replica😭

7 Likes

It’s an amazing feature. Is it possible to create custom bodies for UGS members only or regular creators are going to have such ability too?

1 Like