UGC Program: Updates to avatar bodies and heads + opening up creation

Okay my last post I decided to retract so I can go over the reasons why this is bad.

1. All this does is take away customization for users that can’t afford it. Why should players be actually punished for this? instead of particular UGC members abusing this?

2. In terms of creator earnings, if creators wish to make more then the price shouldn’t have a floor, simply let the creator set it higher; this screams to me “just give us money bro lol”.

3. The upload fee will deflect some copies, but again it’s pointless because people will still upload it regardless, how about actually moderating the platform and kicking the obnoxious uploaders out of UGC?

I’m new to UGC; but I’d like to think this response makes some sense, this seems like a bandaid to be ripped off than anything else.

6 Likes

great, but if you wanted to think about free 2 play players who like this feature of free items, and 2D faces, why do you push SO much to use animated faces, forgot to send the classic apology “understanding and respecting our players and creators” hahaha.

there should be more reliable creators for bundles and animated heads. Limited ugc is already a mess, I hope public ugc won’t be the same.

3 Likes

our opinion isn’t important to roblox

4 Likes

This is a rare PlanckDEV W. I will proceed to praise you for making this blessing of a message.
(+25 devforum reputation)

UGC creators should be able to sell bundles at whatever price they want.

5 Likes

I have never disliked an update more than this. This aggressively harms creativity. This negatively impacts the game site wide, severely limiting what users can create. Back in the old days, you could customize your torso for free with a T-Shirt, or buy someone’s, or sell yours, or give it away for free. With the UGC program, it felt like a place where we could customize whatever we wanted, do anything. Now, we are limited with two annoyances; The inability to upload, we need to spend 750 to do so, and two: the inability to distribute content for free. I am sickened.

7 Likes

Well that one I can imagine is true since new accounts are R15 by default
When R15 was first released, I hated it, but after an amount of time I have to admit that it is much better than R6 ever was. R6 is full of too many limitations and you practically can’t find a game on the front page that doesn’t utilize the freedom of R15.

5 Likes

isn’t roblox make old account turn r15 and dynamic head?

but popular r6 game already exists

3 Likes

I find that completely stupid. I found it really good to be able to create things and share them for free. Afterwards I can understand, but instead of removing the free item he could have added a limit of free items per month (Like for example you can put one item (or 2, in short a number defined by Roblox) per month. But no you have to always PAY! (Free is becoming a rare commodity these days…)

Is this a joke? So you remove the free and in addition the minimum price is 75 Robux? It does not make any sense ! Why add a minimum price? (Of course for copies of already existing objects I suppose…) I had seen objects for 50 Robux, I find that this price is reasonable, but hey, always more money…

ah yes 12€ ($12.70) to create an element… well it’s expensive (yes Robux is more expensive in France) Personally I find it expensive to create an element for the avatar.

I think I will have comments about my message, but I want to tell you that this is my personal opinion! If you find these changes good, good for you, but as a player I find it a shame to remove the free elements.

Thank you for reading this message. If you do not agree with my message, do not hesitate to respond to these (while remaining respectful). If I find that certain parts of my message are not correct, I will make changes.

Oh and I made this message with the help of Google Translate, there may be errors.

6 Likes

The bounding box requirement seems to be too strict or straight up broken.

(Transparent cube it for reference to the bounding box size}

I get the message that it is “too transparent” (which in itself is way to vague of a error message)

I filled the box as mech as I can without the model suffering in quality and it still somehow doesn’t pass the verification for 35 percent. For context putting a big box over his head makes it pass verification. This is also only classic scaling.

Many peoples items are going to suffer from these changes as they will have to be big square or cylinder shaped body’s to fill in the gaps limiting creativity.

8 Likes

How will this be enforced beyond just expecting arbitrary animation data for the required poses? I can understand wanting to stop people uploading static heads, but this feels shoehorned in. For avatars like the Half-Life scientists, the limited geometry of the avatar is part of its retro authenticity and art style.

I already had to jump through a lot of hoops to make these avatars possible, so this just adds more annoying complexity into the process.

I’m also going to make note of the fact that there’s no automatic way for you guys to check if an FACS pose is just moving a bone that has no influence on the head mesh, nor any way to automate some kind of standard to how the bones are used. I could literally just have some nearly invisible mesh wiggling around with a single bone and it sounds like this system would accept it.

Sounds like you’ll have to make moderators inspect it and reject it if it doesn’t have facial animation. This is pettiness in avatar direction to a degree that I already thought was absurd enough for clothing modesty layers.

18 Likes

I agree with the rest of what you said, but Evade and Tower of Hell are both on the front page usually and they use R6

ToH has a good reason but I genuinely don’t understand Evade, considering the other major nextbot game on Roblox (Nico’s Nextbots) does use R15

1 Like

Tier-3 to upload? 20 dollars a month plus per-item upload and per-copy stocking fees plus non-refundable ‘failed’ submissions - man they really are Powering Imagination Monetization!

2 Likes

Oh lord that looks terrifying

I LOVE IT THOUGH

1 Like

Come on, are you people serious? At least give us the option to freeze the faces before you push your uncanny “expressive” nonsense on us.

5 Likes

Opening UGC for normal users on roblox is a horrible idea. Despite all of the rules for UGC items today, and the fact that the programm is application /invite based only now, there are still hundreds if not thousands of low quality or stolen UGC items on the Marketplace. Making UGC upload open for more users is only going to make this problem worse. It took roblox years to (partially, it’s still not fully fixed yet) fix the clothing item on roblox, where people would upload duplicated of already existing clothes.

1 Like

you forget slap battles

roblox make old account turn r15 and dynamic head so

2 Likes

Most people only buy the free ones do you realize?

Do you want to loose all your users?

A lot of people (like me) only use UGC body parts for static heads that work in R6. If those heads get removed then you loose a lot of those people.

You probably shouldn’t do this. Too many copyrighted assets and reuploaded roblox items exist in the closed UGC catalog.

6 Likes

This is a good idea in some ways.

I think that making UGC heads not able to be free is DUMB, like super dumb, it’s just a way to make money, like why? I get that you dont want free headless and korblox, me neither, but if this site’s moderation WAS good, you could keep heads free, instead of putting a rule so you can make more money. You could make everyone an UGC creator, but please put some rules.

5 Likes

I get removing free items, but a price floor of 75 Robux is over the top, could this possibly be any lower? like 30?

they probably don’t want all their players that have 0 R$ looking like walking boogers… Or wearing headless knockoffs they got for 2 Robux. I feel like these restrictions are a positive change in many ways

4 Likes