UGC validation error: "Failed to validate current user owns asset"

When I go into “avatar setup” to validate my avatar, it keeps giving me 6 errors regarding my cagemeshes and bodypart meshes, saying that it cannot validate wether I am the owner. All meshes are owned by my group, including those which I get an error about.

Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it? I’ve tried re-uploading my character 3 times now to no avail.

3 Likes

are you uploading the avatar through the group?

2 Likes

The account I’m on is the owner of the group, all asset ID’s are owned by the group, the place I’m in is owned by the group, yet it still gives me warnings.
If I try to upload same character to a private account, it works without issue, it’s only when I try to upload it to the group that this occurs.

5 Likes

is there no way to transfer the avatar to the group? Like if you made it with the account that owns the group and then added it to the group without actually uploading it through the group first.

1 Like

I have the same issue at the moment, seems to be the same R15ArtistIntent.XXX.MeshId but my head one is for Head.SurfaceAppearance.ColorMap.

I had uploaded an early testing version of my avatar to my accounts development items page, now I can’t upload the completed avatar to the group I need to.

I’ve yet to be able to find help via the forum or support, I have been waiting for tech support to come back with something about the issue for almost 2 weeks now.

I really don’t understand what I’m missing or how I can solve this and why it’s so hard to get an avatar uploaded.

I have a thread here; Old avatar asset accidently uploaded to wrong account, now stuck there - Bug Reports / Creator Hub (create.roblox.com) Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

Having this issue as well :/, find a fix for it? Or is this still an issue