Old avatar asset accidently uploaded to wrong account, now stuck there

I had previously accidently uploaded an old version of an in progress avatar to the development items of my account, now with the final version and the group that it’ll be uploaded to setup I can’t upload it to that group since the model exists on my account.

I get can’t verify owner errors for the meshes and textures.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to delete or change ownership of development items.

Expected behavior

There should be a way to delete or change ownership of development items.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations?activeTab=Model

A private message is associated with this bug report

EDIT: The old asset ID is; 18120195266

2 Likes

This is not a bug at all and not something engineers can fix. What you’re requesting is a new feature and hence this should be posted in #feature-requests if it hasn’t been already. As a solution, I recommend you re-upload the assets under the proper group/account for now which shouldn’t be too much of a struggle.

3 Likes

Sorry about that, I was told to submit my issue here to be looked at, not so much that I’m requesting a feature, but saying there should eb a way to accomplish one of those things by someone (whether user facing or not) or someone could provide more info on a resolution.

On the note of uploading to the proper group, that is where the issue is occurring. I can’t as when trying to Roblox Studio is saying it can’t verify ownership of the meshes and I can’t find a way to be able to upload the model.

1 Like

All good. I don’t think Roblox can facilitate these requests at all, especially through a bug report.

Have you made sure the meshes and textures used in the accessory are owned by the account you’re trying to upload from?

1 Like

Is there somewhere else I can get help? This is just where I was told to post for help with the issue by a partnership person. I was also asked to add the Asset ID and Upload Attempt ID, I’ve added Asset ID, but can’t find a Upload Attempt ID or how to find it. I get the verification errors in the Avatar Setup window.

The meshes and textures were custom created for us, and if I change the Creator to Me when using Import 3D, I don’t get the errors (I assume because that’s the Creator that was set when Upload to Roblox was left checked) and there seems to be no way to upload the model for use in the Marketplace with the intended Group as the Creator.

1 Like

Oh, I just realized that it’s referencing some of the cage meshes, the cage meshes were imported from a cage mesh template in Maya and modified to fit the shape of our custom meshes.

I’m really unsure of how to fix that or where to go if that is the case.

1 Like

Can you send a screenshot of all the errors you’re getting? This would help with finding the solution

1 Like

Of course, I should have included that from the get go.

So when choosing the Group for the Creator when using Import 3D I get the following, when choosing Me (the previous uploader of the old version) I get no warnings and I get the green can be uploaded mark.

What I can see here is that the assets are uploaded under your group, when they should be uploaded under your account. It’s a little confusing, but even if you want to upload a UGC accessory under a group, the meshes and textures need to be owned by the account you’re uploading from, not any other account or group. Can you try uploading the meshes/textures directly under your account, replacing the IDs and then re-uploading to the group?

Hope this helps.

Hmm. So I should check the Upload to Roblox option with the completed asset, using Me as the Creator, and then after that import it again but with the intended group as the Creator?

Upload to Roblox should have the creator set to you when you’re uploading the INDIVIDUAL meshes/textures in the avatar accessory. When you’ve put it all together and want to publish it as an accessory, you Publish to Roblox under the group

I’m sorry, but I’m so lost and the docs aren’t helping.

If I leave Creator to Me when using the Import 3D, the Avatar Setup windows says it can be uploaded, using the upload button it shows the following window (this image is from the docs), but I don’t have the Creator option, so I can’t publish it from the group?

Sorry, I don’t understand what I’m missing.

It’s okay! The UX is confusing and I appreciate your struggles. I might be giving you the wrong instructions as I’ve only ever uploaded accessories, not bodies, so hopefully an engineer can step in and help clarify, but:

Does this not show at all? Can you send a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

I appreciate the help, I did not expect this part of the process to be so confusing and require so much messing around.

No, it only appears in the Import 3D window;

This is what I see in the publish window;

Pretty sure Import 3D should have the creator set to you, so that seems fine. If you scroll down in the publish window, is there a Creator field?

No, just the rest of the body pieces and a toggle for Data Sharing.

Oh… that’s really weird. Just tried this myself and yeah, the Creator option does disappear when switching the Item Type from Hat to Body.

My only thought is that the Creator dropdown could only appear once you’re ready to upload, and have the required amount of Robux in your account. Have you tried this?

If this isn’t the case, then unfortunately I’m unsure and you’d have to wait for an engineer’s response here, so sorry

Hmm. I hadn’t tried purchasing the Robux yet, but I will try and see if it appears. Thanks.

1 Like

@bvetterdays Just purchased the Premium 1000 and have the funds to publish now, still no Creator option.

I really don’t understand what I’m doing wrong or missing here and why it’s so difficult to upload an avatar.

1 Like